cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motor Number for a Dometic 9100 awning.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Dometic 9100 power awning, at least I think so according to the model number. I'm trying to figure out if the Dometic awnings all take the same motor. I found a motor number on the Dometic parts list, but it only shows one motor for a whole slew of awnings.

It is 3307923.115X and I cannot seem to find out if that is the correct motor for my awning. Is my only recourse to call Dometic?

TIA for any help.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"
11 REPLIES 11

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:

On a side note, did you have to lock the awning in place when you pulled the motor, to keep it from rolling up? I've read differing accounts that say you don't need to since there isn't any spring inside, but the Dometic literature says you do.

TIA

Unroll about two turns, then stick a small screwdriver or something through the hole on the opposite end through the end cap. It can be a PITA to align it with the hole in the shaft. I think Dometic tells you to jam a cotter pin in there going from memory.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you all for the assistance, and advice. Much appreciated.

Now I need to look for new awning material too. Bummer.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Pull the motor and get the number off of it. That said, even though their are different part numbers they're most likely interchangable on the 9100. Dometic changes part numbers when they change vendors.
I have 3 9100 motors in my garage I pulled from others rigs that were inoperative when replacing their motors, and had them internally rebuilt. All failed due to corrosion. It corrodes the stator. They are all identical as far as dimensions and such.

Always keep your trailer stored nose high and when the awning is out pitch it down towards the rear opposite the motor. Its the water that kills them.
That's good advice about storing it nose high, and since it is stored on a slight slope that works.

I'm pretty sure it is corroded since we rarely use the awning, and it is pulling some pretty high amps when trying to roll it up using an independent battery and amp meter. They certainly do want a pretty penny for those motors.

On a side note, did you have to lock the awning in place when you pulled the motor, to keep it from rolling up? I've read differing accounts that say you don't need to since there isn't any spring inside, but the Dometic literature says you do.

TIA
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
3310423.209B
This is the P/n for the white end cap motor. Doug
Thanks Doug, I'm hoping the one I ordered from Ebay, new not used, will do the trick. I believe the P/N I had was 3310423.037B. I've had good luck with lots of stuff from Ebay so we'll hope my luck holds.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
SoundGuy wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
How the heck are you supposed to know what motor you need without taking the darned thing apart?

Why so much resistance to calling Dometic and asking? Supply any numbers you can find on your awning hardware and give 'em a call. You also haven't mentioned why you want to replace this motor, nor have you provided any details about your rig which would indicate it's age, but it's possible you might have one of those awning motors covered under an earlier recall, depending on whether you particular unit falls within the recall dates. Call 'em.
I had thought about calling Dometic, but I actually thought I could find the information faster online than going through voice mail, call centers, and customer service that often isn't much in the way of service.

I want to replace the motor because I've tested it and determined that it is bad.

I knew about the recall and the recall is for awnings that are a couple years newer than mine. The year of the rig didn't seem important since it isn't more than 10 years old, and uses the standard 9100 Dometic (A&E) awning.

But you're right too, I may have to bite the bullet and call Dometic if the motor I ordered doesn't work.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic 9100 Power Awning Recall
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
3310423.209B
This is the P/n for the white end cap motor. Doug

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pull the motor and get the number off of it. That said, even though their are different part numbers they're most likely interchangable on the 9100. Dometic changes part numbers when they change vendors.
I have 3 9100 motors in my garage I pulled from others rigs that were inoperative when replacing their motors, and had them internally rebuilt. All failed due to corrosion. It corrodes the stator. They are all identical as far as dimensions and such.

Always keep your trailer stored nose high and when the awning is out pitch it down towards the rear opposite the motor. Its the water that kills them.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
How the heck are you supposed to know what motor you need without taking the darned thing apart?

Why so much resistance to calling Dometic and asking? Supply any numbers you can find on your awning hardware and give 'em a call. You also haven't mentioned why you want to replace this motor, nor have you provided any details about your rig which would indicate it's age, but it's possible you might have one of those awning motors covered under an earlier recall, depending on whether you particular unit falls within the recall dates. Call 'em.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks Doug, that's what I was afraid of. How the heck are you supposed to know what motor you need without taking the darned thing apart? I figured to take it apart and replace the motor, but I don't really want to take it apart to find out what motor I need to order. Bummer.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Dometic Awnings use various motors for their awnings. Doug