Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing the AP Products 015-201512 Slim Shade

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Video of the installation project.

Works well, I like it since the door is up front near the bed. The shade blocks out the 5:30 am sunlight.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
13 REPLIES 13

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
They look great Marc.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed them. Took about 1 hour in the sun at 105 degrees :E

Before pics with the crappy opaque windows and heat shield/sun block.

After

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:
73guna wrote:
Just seeing the trouble you had pulling the screen up and down would make me avoid purchasing one of these.

I didnt watch his vid but I played with one at the store and I didnโ€™t have any problem.

I wonder if they loosen up over time and use?
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Our old camper had a window in the door, which was near the bed area. A big selling point of the new camper was that the doors didn't have windows.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
My only complaint is the the outside dimensions of the frame is slightly smaller than the original. If the window hole in the door is a tad big, this unit has to be centered very precisely to totally cover up the window opening in the door.

Both of my RVs had a slightly large window cutout in the door, so I fought with getting it centered.

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe took 30minutes to install. Not hard at all! Slides up and down easily especially if you pull slightly towards yourself while moving it. Love being able to see out the door! Great mod!

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
We got one and really like it. Very easy to install. Since our door is near the back of the trailer I wanted clear tinted glass instead of the frosted glass. I put the shade up in the morning and down at night. On ours as long as you use a balanced motion with both hands the screen is very easy to operate.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

rjsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I installed mine a month ago and was happy ๐Ÿ™‚ to see that gentleman in the video had the same issues I had with the install.

With that being said, I would buy it again in a heartbeat. If I remember correctly I paid about $60 for replacement clear plastic window for my old camper, that scratched to scrap in a few years.

For the money the kit with shade, even with the install problems and some stiffness in the shade operation, is a great option.

Ron W.
03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
73guna wrote:
Just seeing the trouble you had pulling the screen up and down would make me avoid purchasing one of these.

I didnt watch his vid but I played with one at the store and I didnโ€™t have any problem.

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Saw these at the RV parts place on Monday...ordered from Amazon $93 each will be here today.
Will be nice to be able to see out (the OEM door windows are opaque) and the pull down shade for privacy.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
hawkeye-08 wrote:
LOL, my wife just mentioned a few days ago that she was going to make a shade for the bedroom door window.. this looks much nicer.

A far easier option is to buy the Camco Screen Door Handle, mount it up high, and have her sew up a curtain with some velcro. The handle mounted up high becomes a curtain rod. The velcro would be sewn to the very top, then the opposite side of the velcro down a bit lower, then you'd have a flap to wrap around the "curtain rod".

OR, just hang a towel from the handle (curtain rod)

Screen door handle

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL, my wife just mentioned a few days ago that she was going to make a shade for the bedroom door window.. this looks much nicer.