cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Pump issue

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Was just filling the fresh water and opening the valves to run the water through. I have about 1/2 filled with water so plenty of water. The pump is running I can hear it, but no water at any faucet. I can still see antifreeze in the lines too. Could the pump be running and bad? Thanks. Is it tough to replace a water pump?
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C
16 REPLIES 16

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
No I didn't. Don't know how to do that, and for 90.00 I wasn't too concerned with it. Thanks for the info though!
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
psmoore wrote:
Just doing a follow up. Ended up going and buying a water pump. 30 minutes later... presto I had water to all faucets. I really appreciate all the help you folks shared!

Thanks a lot!

Kinda late here, but did you possibly dismantle the old pump, before giving up on it.
Just asking because most every one I've ever seen is next to bullet proof, or so it seems.
I've taken more than one apart, cleaned, inspected silicone on the gaskets and tightened all screws evenly.
Bench tested and then back in business, always. Did the same for another that a friend discarded. That one became a spare and went with the last coach, that we sold.
Our present one, has quick disconnects for the water lines, so would want to go with the same if need be. So far, so good and have no reason to believe that it's not the original.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Just doing a follow up. Ended up going and buying a water pump. 30 minutes later... presto I had water to all faucets. I really appreciate all the help you folks shared!

Thanks a lot!
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
I hooked the RV to city water and had water to all faucets, toilet and shower. Now if I'm correct when on city water it does not go through the pump, correct? So now I need to check lines I'm guessing? Would they be before or after the pump or anywhere in the system? Thanks.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't try that. I will try that next. Thanks.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
So, if you use the city pressure do you get water to all faucets, shower and toilet? If so, I might guess that the pump is pumping air and not water due to a cracked or broken line.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

77rollalong
Explorer
Explorer
dripped out or poured out?, you could have another screen in the outlet pipe inside of the tank, make sure you have good flow out of the tank, maybe poke a screwdriver into the bottom drain pipe and make sure there in no screen in there that could be plugged, I also installed a shutoff valve at the tank so I could remove the filter between the tank and the pump.

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
when I took off the filter water dripped out of the hose leaving the water tank, so I'm assuming I'm getting water to the pump as the filter screws right into the pump. And the filter was a little dirty but I cleaned it all out before putting it back.

Hate to buy a pump and not need it.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

cfuller3
Explorer
Explorer
Difficult to say, but if you're absolutely sure the pump itself has water at the intake for it's use, and you're not some how just running the water in a loop,then it might be the pump. I personally wouldn't give up until I verified the valves all in the proper position. Not 'as labeled', but as piped. You can remove the paneling in the 'basement' and gain access to the pump.
2008 Ram dually, mildly tuned and some breathing mods. 2008 Grand Junction, two cats and go.

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
OK. Filled 100% with water. Turned all valves to "summer use" position. No water. Turned them back to winter position and tried to add anti freeze and nothing. The filter itself I finally got off and there was a little gunk but cleaned it all out and put it back before filling and trying to run water. Still nothing. The pump does come on and I hear it going continuously. Right now water is off, if I go out to the basement area where the pump is, I can hear it running. But nothing is happening.

Is it probably the pump at this point?

Thanks for the replies.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
I still hadn't plugged the water heater yet. Was waiting for water to flush through. Will plug that and leave water off and recheck all valves and see. Maybe it's just user error! LOL
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

cfuller3
Explorer
Explorer
Wild guess. From experience. Are you filling your water heater? It's the lowest point for water to run out. Especially if you have the plug/zinc pulled.
2008 Ram dually, mildly tuned and some breathing mods. 2008 Grand Junction, two cats and go.

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
I have the valve at the water heater, that I turn "up" every year, and then two at the water tank. One stops water from going to the pump or to the left if I want to use the antifreeze tube to fill the lines in the fall. I'm gonna mess with it again on Monday Tuesday when I'm off work. Hard to get to the pump as it's in the basement right next to the water tank. No access that I can tell from above. Gonna check the strainer when I find it. Thanks.
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Inline strainer / filter filled with gunk?
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB