cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

destination trailer advice please

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
We have found our campground for the summers and would like to trade our fifth wheel for a destination trailer about 34 feet. Need advice on models please.

Front kitchen (don't like to walk into the kitchen) and front kitchen seem to have more counter space.
Queen or King with nite stands each side, no other beds needed
Separate toilet room
No tub just standup shower
Would love room for a small residential fridge but not required.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you! 🙂
13 REPLIES 13

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't remember the allowable sq ft for a Park Model (nor a destination trailer) but one thing that they did do in many of the park models that I saw to "exceed" the limit was to ad a "storage" deck up a short flight of stairs. could make a good play/sleeping area for kids.
bumpy

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate all the advice!

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
AlmostBoatless wrote:
We have found our campground for the summers and would like to trade our fifth wheel for a destination trailer about 34 feet. Need advice on models please.

I don't think you will find Destination Trailers much smaller than 39 feet. All of Jayco's Destination Trailers (the Jayflight Bungalow line) are 40' long.

I would look at Park Models if the campground allows them. I have seen park models as short as 30 feet.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

WallynDiane
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to look at Park Models. We have a 2016 Kropf Park model and love it. At our campground, approximately 90% of the sites are permanent units. Our unit is so roomy and comfortable. We ordered the extra insulation package which makes cold weather camping comfortable.

lexxiem
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 39 fden keystone 2015.
Bit larger then you want. But the extra space is worth it.
Only reget I have is, in this model. Not enough counter space. Wish it had an island.
Do I recommend keystone. I am on the fence. A few hiccups with it. But minor. Love the high ceilings and big bathroom.
I am eyeing the 2019 fden keystone.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
My son and his wife bought a Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS last year and have found it to be very comfortable and well made. It is a bit longer than you want but the added length makes a huge difference in livability IMO. Might be worth your while to investigate.
Barney
Same trailer I'm looking at for the seasonal 40-CRS

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
My sons trailer does have black, fresh, and grey water but is not designed for extensive travel. It is much taller than a normal travel trailer, has a very heavy tongue weight, has residential appliences, and a large sliding glass door for entrance. Although I towed it from Grand Rapids up to its present resting place near Traverse City I would not want to be towing it on a long trip. It is designed to be parked, hooked up, and enjoyed! 🙂

Here is a picture of its home now - taken from under the awning of our own trailer. 🙂
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

AlmostBoatless
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replys. Yes, we want something that doesn't move. I can't handle the traffic any longer with our FW.

thanks, Barney, but 40 is way too big for us, and for our site. So, I guess we'll have to consider a TT, any advice for front kitchen and separate toilet?

thanks, again!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
2oldman wrote:
If by 'destination trailer' you mean something that doesn't move, how about a park model?

Destination trailer is a separate category of trailer somewhere between TT and park model.

Forest River destination trailers

I note that some of those have black water tanks and evidently are just large TTS???????????
bumpy

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
If by 'destination trailer' you mean something that doesn't move, how about a park model?

Destination trailer is a separate category of trailer somewhere between TT and park model.

Forest River destination trailers

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
My son and his wife bought a Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS last year and have found it to be very comfortable and well made.

Wow, nice. :C

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
My son and his wife bought a Cedar Creek Cottage 40CRS last year and have found it to be very comfortable and well made. It is a bit longer than you want but the added length makes a huge difference in livability IMO. Might be worth your while to investigate.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine