cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A place to "vent."

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if the moderators on this forum would accept a place for owners to vent their frustrations with their RVs. A large portion of owners are experiencing terrible quality with their rigs, and it would be a great opportunity to tell their stories. Also, perspective buyers could learn what to look for or avoid.
What do ya say??
25 REPLIES 25

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
IMO the best place to vent is in the forum that fits your rv type you want to vent about. That way the venter gets feed back from those that have the rv or those that have experience with the product or has been through the process and can give out contact info/numbers/names/etc.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boy, what a controversial topic to start. Sorry to have brought it up. However, listening to people relate to others about their lessons or history concerning a topic is how one might learn.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Jeep has been the go to vehicle for towing 4 down for decades.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Cloud Dancer wrote:
IMO the towed vehicle which is the very best suited for towing behind a motorhome is the 2009 4x4 GMC Envoy. Is there a specific place where I can post high praise for this product? Well, it won't do much good,.....GMC quit making it,....2009 was the last year for it.
IMO the best brand of motorhome ever made is Country Coach. Why did they quit making it?

Good to have a front hitch on them too, since the Envoy/trailblazer lines were some of GMs poorest work in the last decade or so. The folks I knew with them used them as toads too, more often than they wished. But usually towed behind a wrecker or on a rollback.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Venting is acceptable and encouraged (within reason) so vent away... ๐Ÿ™‚

The worst that might happen is getting a thread closed or if really bad, result in you being "dis-membered"... :E

Refer to forum rules for venting criteria!

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering what you have for a RV and how is the resort coming?
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Quality and taste or what one thinks looks good are two different matter entirely!

I'm talking about trailers that have garbage frames like Lippert. I hope your really not trying to argue that Lippert frames and such are good? A small amount of reading will tell you their NOT!

There are know junk and good stuff on the market.

I do the same as your example with Amazon reviews. Do the same with trailer reviews and you can get a very good idea of what is junk and what is not.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
PastorCharlie wrote:
Why would anyone want to do such a thing on a public forum? The proper place would be with the source of their frustration. That is where the situation can be corrected.

How about to warn new comers? To give them a fighting chance to know what brands are junk and what brands are good. Thanks to reviews and venting I did not throw my hard earned money away and bought a great brand that will serve me for many years.

Warn "newcomers" of what?

YOUR "perspective" of "quality"?

Your perspective of poor quality may be of the only one choice of the ugly wall covering print for the model you like.

Someone else may "love" that print but hate the layout.

Another one is one person hates a rear kitchen in the only size they want where others may love the rear kitchen but wish it was offered in the model they want.

In reality, the "Bad Brands" that get vented over is the ones that BUILD AND SELL THE MOST RVs.

This in effect skews the whole idea of trying to "warn" newcomers and muddies up the newcomers ideas and they just might totally avoid RVs or ones that they really like because of YOUR "OPINION" of what is "quality" and what is "JUNK".

Using reviews to mold your mind about things is a pretty sketchy way to live your life. It is easy to post shill reviews which run a brand down (competition) or put positive spin (manufacturer padding the happy accounts to gain sales).

Amazon is a good example of how this can get out of control, look around at the reviews, I take the top and best reviews and toss those out and read the MIDDLE REVIEWS. The MIDDLE REVIEWS are where the truth lies, not the worst or best.

Worst and best are way to subjective.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Why would anyone want to do such a thing on a public forum? The proper place would be with the source of their frustration. That is where the situation can be corrected.

How about to warn new comers? To give them a fighting chance to know what brands are junk and what brands are good. Thanks to reviews and venting I did not throw my hard earned money away and bought a great brand that will serve me for many years.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
mat60 wrote:
Soon as I can afford Id like a Max Air Vent.

Did mine this spring. Hoping it will let me use less A/C.

NAW, but at least you have a place to vent in all weather conditions:B

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
Soon as I can afford Id like a Max Air Vent.

Did mine this spring. Hoping it will let me use less A/C.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps they could add a feature like conferencing in realtime then everyone could sing Kumbaya in unison about the high quality maintained by the RV Industry......Kumbaya my friend.....Kumbaya.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
IMO the towed vehicle which is the very best suited for towing behind a motorhome is the 2009 4x4 GMC Envoy. Is there a specific place where I can post high praise for this product? Well, it won't do much good,.....GMC quit making it,....2009 was the last year for it.
IMO the best brand of motorhome ever made is Country Coach. Why did they quit making it?
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
Blazing Zippers wrote:
I wonder if the moderators on this forum would accept a place for owners to vent their frustrations with their RVs. A large portion of owners are experiencing terrible quality with their rigs, and it would be a great opportunity to tell their stories. Also, perspective buyers could learn what to look for or avoid.
What do ya say??

I don't buy into your prospective that A large portion of owners are experiencing terrible quality. I believe it's our own fault in wanting more and more for less and less $$$ that drives the level of quality in RVs and just like anything else there will always be those outlyers that are far below the bar so to speak.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL