cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frig on New Momentum

cattledog04
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my new Momentum 354 today. The frig was working at the dealer and now at home it isn't cooling down. Only the freezer feels like its cooling. The digital display is on 9 and on both electric/propane. Please help as I'm taking it tomorrow to stay in for work.
7 REPLIES 7

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
cattledog04 wrote:
Thanks all, so it's parked now. Level, and it is working. My only other question is the fan's haven't stopped. Is this due to it being located in a slideout? I figure they would stop from time to time.

The fans running a lot has to do with the outside temp and the temp on the fins in the back. We've spent quite a bit of time at Jojoba Hills Escapees park up the river from you in Aguanga and my guess is that it hasn't snowed lately in Temecula... (love your town, by the way).

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

cattledog04
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all, so it's parked now. Level, and it is working. My only other question is the fan's haven't stopped. Is this due to it being located in a slideout? I figure they would stop from time to time.

slapshot12
Explorer
Explorer
What the others said....the freezer cools off quicker than the fridge. I turn mine on the night before we're going to load up.
'18 Momentum 349M
'17 F-350 SRW Lariat CCSB 6.7 FX4

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
What brand/model would be real helpful

Freezer does get cool FIRST...needs to be at 10*F before food compartment can really cool down

On both electric/propane....not possible
Either or but not both

Controls S/B in AUTO
If 120V AC Power is available fridge will operate on electric element
If 120V AC is lost.....controls swap to GAS

So brand/model and WHAT lights are on display panel??????
Any 'fault codes' in display

In the Momentum, it should be the 12 cu. ft. four-door Norcold.

OP - as Old Biscuit and others have said, these absorption friges take a long time to cool down. If mine has been off, I give it 24 hours and load it with already chilled or frozen food. Setting it a 9 you might have some freezing on the fins in the frig, though. I don't set any higher than 7.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is the rig level??
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
What brand/model would be real helpful

Freezer does get cool FIRST...needs to be at 10*F before food compartment can really cool down

On both electric/propane....not possible
Either or but not both

Controls S/B in AUTO
If 120V AC Power is available fridge will operate on electric element
If 120V AC is lost.....controls swap to GAS

So brand/model and WHAT lights are on display panel??????
Any 'fault codes' in display
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
cattledog04 wrote:
Picked up my new Momentum 354 today. The frig was working at the dealer and now at home it isn't cooling down. Only the freezer feels like its cooling. The digital display is on 9 and on both electric/propane. Please help as I'm taking it tomorrow to stay in for work.

Give it a few hours to start cooling. Freezer is probably smaller so it feels cooler faster. At least thatโ€™s how mine work, on my stealth and my last TH. BTW congrats on the new rig.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker