cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed a propane tank T need help

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a t on my propane tank on the motorhome so i can hook up my grill and fire pit here is my problem
To go under the motorhome I need more then 12 feet and cant seem to find a hose thats over that with a 1 inch male and 1 inch female

Also my propane fire pit doesnt come with a regulator so i would need a longer hose with a regulator with the 1 inch connections
18 REPLIES 18

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
John,

What's not to like about my T? It's the same function as the one you linked except that my rig does not a POL type of connection which is typical for permanent mounted tanks.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
jarata1 wrote:
the fire pit has its own regualtor on it and connects to a 20lb tank what i want to do is work of my t on the motorhome not sure of the connection plus i would think it needs some sort of regualtor
OK Let's be clear on what you have.
1. Do you have the 1" connector on your T - the same as my picture above?
2. And your pit has a regulator with standard 20 lb propane connector? ie Your original post said no regulator.

If so buy the propane hose with 1" male/female ends and the adapter John posted above. There is now one and only one way to connect your T to your regulator.

Additionally if you have a BBQ that uses the small propane bottles then you can also connect it to your T.

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes the fire pit will need "Some kind of regulator"

I do not like that adapter pictured above. I like the Extend-a-flow. or "Stay-a-while"

This is the modern version (ACME as well as POL for the hose to the RV) adapter I use
Extend-a-stay

The large side connector is a "Quick Connect" like the top of a throwaway bottle.

Hose connects to it. then to the reguator on my grill.

If you have a Regulator with a connection for a luggable bottle (That is the connneciton on the right on the diagram... which is where the RV/s existin propane screws in)

THen The Camco 59213 1lb Propane Bottle Adapter or one like it is what you want

See it on Amazon
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
A 3/8”th hose on the high pressure side is big enough to run either item.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
the fire pit has its own regualtor on it and connects to a 20lb tank what i want to do is work of my t on the motorhome not sure of the connection plus i would think it needs some sort of regualtor

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Also a 50' hose on the high pressure side will store and waste a fair amount of propane when disconnected.

Yes it would. I daisy chain two 12-footers together and they take forever to leak down before I can store them. I had thought about installing a low-pressure port but then I'd have to get a different grill. My rear furnace is located in an perfect spot for an outdoor port. I could just tap into its propane line.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I actually ordered a Camco tap from eTrailer. However unlike their website picture the one they sent could not add the El or valve. They made it tedious to get a full refund including return shipping but did so in the end. Just a heads up.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I added a El to my T for hose routing considerations and I use the hose with 1" fittings. And the valve to ensure it's off. The top external tank port came with my T.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
sundancer268 wrote:
Where is this Propane Store? Do they have a WEB Site? Thanks, I need a long HP hose for our BBQ grill and 12' that came with my extend-a-stay won't cut it. I am thinking 30-50' HP hose, that way we could use it if the picnic table is at the rear of the coach, BBQ is a small table top unit and we have to use the tables where they are. Thanks, Ed
I have the same limit with a 12' hose and sometimes just use the ground. I'm considering carrying a table for the BBQ. Also a 50' hose on the high pressure side will store and waste a fair amount of propane when disconnected.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
For custom hoses Google for a propane supply store near you or ask a propane supplier for advice.

The OP asked about 1" hose ends which are used with the 1 lb bottles and not quick disconnect. That implies his T is on the high pressure side. Add an adapter and it will connect to any BBQ with a regulator. HD has these and the regulator with hose to his BBQ that he is also looking for.

Bob

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If the pit is low pressure, t off the system anywhere close to where you want to put it, don't run high pressure out to a regulator.
-- Chris Bryant

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Caping world and most RV stores will have "Extension" hoses, 10' long. male and female "Quick Connect"

is the fire pit designed to use those Disposable bottles. if so it has a regulator.. If it's designed to use a luggable tank. then the regulator may be on the end of the tank hose. (You can get an adapter at the above stores to connect the quick connect hose to that regulaator as well).

Post photos if you want me to look up links to samples of products.

Specifically the fire pit hook up and hose. as well as the T.)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
sundancer268 wrote:
Where is this Propane Store? Do they have a WEB Site? Thanks, I need a long HP hose for our BBQ grill and 12' that came with my extend-a-stay won't cut it. I am thinking 30-50' HP hose, that way we could use it if the picnic table is at the rear of the coach, BBQ is a small table top unit and we have to use the tables where they are. Thanks, Ed

Looks like there's three up the road in Petoskey. Several in Gaylord and Traverse City as well.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I use an aluminum "bag table" for our grill and just place it within reach of the 12' hose. For those rare occasions when I do want it further away, I keep a couple of 1 lb throwaways on hand. I recently used one up that I bought in 2012.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate