cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What search engines y'all using?

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just received a very high horsepower Dell for running AutoCAD and REVIT. Am in the process of setting up a lot of stuff.

I use Firefox for my browser and have used ixquick for the search engine. I have heard it is (was?) a good one for general overall privacy. Any opinion on this one or is there a better one if privacy/ security is a concern?

Thanks.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
20 REPLIES 20

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
I use dogpile
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
DuckDuckGo for me and I find any and everything I need.
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
I use Opera browser and DDG which has a built in VPN; aka:Very Private Network! Had it for over 3 years. Also use Malwarebytes and ESet antivirus!

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
Are you willing to sacrifice the quality of the search engine for the privacy. Anyone who worries about privacy should never connect to the network!!
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Are you willing to sacrifice the quality of the search engine for the privacy. Anyone who worries about privacy should never connect to the network!!

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I use Edge browser and Bing search engine. Haven't noticed anything suspicious. Also use Nord VPN.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
Biggest mistake I ever made was to install Duck Duck Go. Have had nothing but problems since the day I installed it. VERY big mistake on my part. Registry problems, connection problems, etc. My computer guru told me it comes bundled with some units and he heard it's been a big problem. But that's me. Sounds like these other guys are doing just fine with it. Anyway, went back to good 'ol spy-on-you-all-the-time Google.

Hate to question your computer guru, but you do not "install" a search engine. You simply tell your browser to use a particular web site like google, bing, DuckDuckGo, etc when performing a search. It sounds like you installed some malware that tricks the unknowing into thinking they are doing the right thing.

Dave

Yeah, perhaps I worded it wrong; I'm not much on computers, but "install" or whatever you want to call it- Duck Duck Go has been a problem since day one. I've been thoroughly checked for malware etc. DDG messed with my registry. I think that's what was told to me. Again, I'm very ignorant when it comes to computers...

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Since privacy on the net is a myth. I just use Google.
How true. Yesterday I typed an email using my gmail account. In the email I referenced an attachment. When I clicked Send a window popped up saying "You mentioned an attachment in your message but did not attach one". I'm not sure if I'm glad to be saved from the blunder or concerned they are reading my email as I type it! :B

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8yxm wrote:

'Prolly true!.... lemme see what snopes says about it:W
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Biggest mistake I ever made was to install Duck Duck Go. Have had nothing but problems since the day I installed it. VERY big mistake on my part. Registry problems, connection problems, etc. My computer guru told me it comes bundled with some units and he heard it's been a big problem. But that's me. Sounds like these other guys are doing just fine with it. Anyway, went back to good 'ol spy-on-you-all-the-time Google.

Hate to question your computer guru, but you do not "install" a search engine. You simply tell your browser to use a particular web site like google, bing, DuckDuckGo, etc when performing a search. It sounds like you installed some malware that tricks the unknowing into thinking they are doing the right thing.

Dave

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google is a virus according to my IT guy with whom I have worked for some 20 years. He highly dissuades against anything google. His geek knowledge astounds me as to how much he knows. Our company for which I work uses his skills exclusively and he is in high demand... so I trust his opinion: friends don't let friends use google.

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
sempka wrote:
It still is pretty good for privacy. DuckDuckGo is another one that is good for Privacy.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Duck Duck here
yup.

Dave