Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Sporttrek??

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

Any Venture owners out there? We are looking for a new trailer and a local dealer now carries this brand. I see they are owned by KZ who has Thor as the parent, but they are offering some very unique floor plans for a travel trailer. We went and walked through one of their touring addition floor plans STT343VBH which was a great floor plan for a large trailer. Our concern however is quality. I can t find much on line of owners with experience. We are mostly comparing to Jayco Eagle or even the basic Jayco Jay Flight. Also compared it to the Grandesign Imagine which are super nice but we were not in love with any floor plan. Also, not really sure I felt it was any nicer than the Venture or Jayco.

Also, when I compare websites I am trying to compare their construction sections to see if anything jumps out, but I end up cross eyed trying to figure out the differences. Especially between Venture and Jayco. Only difference I could feel was a bit softer floor feeling in the venture vs Jayco.

So.. Any owners out there like to share feedback? Anyone else have thoughts on this brand? Jayco offers the 2 yr warranty which is definitely nice, but the venture has the floor plan we like and is loaded with features. Would love to hear thoughts. Thanks!
22 REPLIES 22

Ssamiamm
Explorer
Explorer
Did you end up getting the sporttrek?? We are currently looking at buying the st327vik but there is still very little info out there about anything similar.

Explorer II
Explorer II
We travel with maybe 5 gallons in the fresh tank. We are pedestal hoppers for the most part.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

troubledwaters
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
I have a travel trailer so I can travel. The no water folks seen to get a trailer so that it is bigger than the one parked next to them. Whatever floats your boat.
That's one of the great things about America. Everyone doesn't have to do things the same way you do, they can do what works for them.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
6door74 wrote:
I will enjoy it, thanks. Camping for us means RV parks AKA glamping. We would have specific destinations that we would set up shop upon arrival. If we ever went full time I may have to take that into consideration. Until then, thanks for your advice but what we plan to do doesn't have to make sense to anyone but us. Your worksheet has been helpful in our planning ahead. Your criticism as evidenced above, not so much.

Criticism? :R What I offered is merely a head's up, I could care less what you choose to do, or how. Good luck with it. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your thread going left OP. As i said, please keep us posted if you decide on this trailer. I'd love to hear about your experience with it. One thing i noticed is some versions of this model have a window on front of the trailer and some don't. I would like to have one that does when the time comes.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
6door74 wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I have a travel trailer so I can travel. The no water folks seen to get a trailer so that it is bigger than the one parked next to them. Whatever floats your boat.

Can't speak for anyone else but this no water person just wants a trailer that had everything we want/need. Sacrificing water we wouldn't use on the road but can get when needed seems like fair deal to me.

We have plenty of reserve to carry water in the tank if we wanted to. We also glamp, and have never needed water in the camper while on the road. If we ever really had to have water, I feel like it’s not a rare commodity, and would be pretty easy to get.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

Can't speak for anyone else but this no water person just wants a trailer that had everything we want/need. Sacrificing water we wouldn't use on the road but can get when needed seems like fair deal to me.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
6door74 wrote:
Got it. if that's what it takes to get the amenities and floorplan we want, then yes. this is the model we have out sights on for now. If another one comes out that can accommodate carrying water, we'll see at that time. As for roadside stops, we haven't had that ability up to this point so we can't miss what we didn't have. We'll continue to stop at rest stops and other facilities.

Obviously you disagree but paying this much for any trailer and not being able to use all that it offers anywhere you want at any time makes no sense to me. :R Secondly, by using all the trailer's CCC you won't have any buffer between it's GVW loaded & ready to camp and it's maximum rated GVWR - the entire suspension / running system will always be operating at maximum rated load. 😞 Your choice - enjoy having to fill & purge your system of air before every use. 😉

I will enjoy it, thanks. Camping for us means RV parks AKA glamping. We would have specific destinations that we would set up shop upon arrival. If we ever went full time I may have to take that into consideration. Until then, thanks for your advice but what we plan to do doesn't have to make sense to anyone but us. Your worksheet has been helpful in our planning ahead. Your criticism as evidenced above, not so much.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
6door74 wrote:
Got it. if that's what it takes to get the amenities and floorplan we want, then yes. this is the model we have out sights on for now. If another one comes out that can accommodate carrying water, we'll see at that time. As for roadside stops, we haven't had that ability up to this point so we can't miss what we didn't have. We'll continue to stop at rest stops and other facilities.

Obviously you disagree but paying this much for any trailer and not being able to use all that it offers anywhere you want at any time makes no sense to me. :R Secondly, by using all the trailer's CCC you won't have any buffer between it's GVW loaded & ready to camp and it's maximum rated GVWR - the entire suspension / running system will always be operating at maximum rated load. 😞 Your choice - enjoy having to fill & purge your system of air before every use. 😉

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
6door74 wrote:
This is the model my wife and I planned to get but circumstances got in the way. There didn't seem to be too many people that had much experience with that model even on the venture forums. It's a great floorplan and maybe next year we can move on one.

SoundGuy wrote:
Only 1300 lbs CCC for such a large trailer, some of which will be lost right off the top by adding batteries?!! Account for some water to keep the system functioning and one would be lucky to have 1000 lbs available for everything else. Yikes! :E

6door74 wrote:
Can't we travel without water? That was my plan when the day comes.

Each time you take the camper out you'll have to refill the water heater tank and fresh water holding tank, then purge the system of air once you set up on your campsite - you really want to that? You'll also not be able to use the system for road side stops on the way to your destination. Not me - I sanitize and fill the system in the spring and don't empty it 'til I winterize. Your choice.

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
6door74 wrote:
This is the model my wife and I planned to get but circumstances got in the way. There didn't seem to be too many people that had much experience with that model even on the venture forums. It's a great floorplan and maybe next year we can move on one.

Only 1300 lbs CCC for such a large trailer, some of which will be lost right off the top by adding batteries?!! Account for some water to keep the system functioning and one would be lucky to have 1000 lbs available for everything else. Yikes! :E

Can't we travel without water? That was my plan when the day comes.
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
6door74 wrote: