cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoe Stoage

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
We get a pile of shoes just inside next to the door.

I was looking at making a shoe rack of some sort. Got to give credit to my wife for this one!!!

She said: Why don't you put a shelf under the seat of the 2 outside dining table chairs.:S:h

Now there are 4 less shoes by the door.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B
12 REPLIES 12

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
Almot wrote:
Reader1 - light switches can be moved or added, you know...

Thanks, we have talked about doing that but right now we are doing a major remodel on the house, and the camper has to stay intact so that my sanity stays intact.

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea for “normal” people! :B But, we have compounded the shoe issue. As we do a bit of boondocking, especially in fall/winter.....we often have wet and or muddy, boots.
We bought a small, wire (chrome plated) shelving, in which we then put deep plastic tubs. The wet/ dirty boots go into the tubs. The camper stays clean, organized, and we don’ have to put on “frozen” boots (if left outside) the next morning!

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Any unused airspace ultimately gets used for storage." (I just made up this proverb, but it seems to describe my trailer pretty well.)

Maybe glue sandpaper to that little shelf so the shoes stay put when the trailer is being towed?

Or maybe you'd be wearing the shoes, so never mind.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Reader1 - light switches can be moved or added, you know...

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a flat box book shelf that requires assembly. Before assembly I cut/modified it to a size that fits our space and then mounted it beside the door. I use rubber stair treads on the shelves to protect the wood.

The unit holds something like 2 pairs of hiking boots, 4 pairs of shoes, many pairs of flip-flops, and our first aid kit.

Small screw eyes and a cargo net hold everything in place when traveling.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
We need something! Our Cougar 26SAB fifth wheel has a back door. The only way to turn the lights on is at the panel clear at the top on the back wall. Our shoes end up constantly in the way! If the shoes are not there I can easily reach the top of the panel to turn on the lights, but with the shoes there I have to reach my hand as far as possible and launch myself at it. YIKES!

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if my dog could get them out of there when I told her to "Go get my shoes". Could be an issue but great idea for people without pets ;).

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Great idea!
We have the same pile of shoes at the front door with no place to put them.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my wife sewed a long unit mounted along/around the base of the bed that has multi pockets to hold shoes.
bumpy

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
“Now there are 4 less shoes by the door.” OR you can carry four more shoes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
I was looking at making a shoe rack of some sort. Got to give credit to my wife for this one!!!

She said: Why don't you put a shelf under the seat of the 2 outside dining table chairs.:S:h

Fancy schmancy outside chairs! 😛 I just hung a shoe bag on the bathroom door that holds a dozen pairs of whatever. :B
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great idea