cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WINEGARD ROAD TRIP T 4

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using this Sat. Ant. and the good and bad about it. I have DIRECTV and need one for it.
N4FAP
10 REPLIES 10

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Well I got the other one of. I did remove the base plates because would have left screw holes to fill up and I thought that it didn't leak so why risk getting a leak. Anyone needing some spare parts let me know. I've got the T4 installed but not linked up . Too many trees in the way.
N4FAP

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you would like a direct answer to the original question, the Winegard T4 is an excellent antenna and will work great with DirecTV (for now). The question remains what will happen in 2019 and when in 2019 whatever their plan is will actually take place. It may or may not have any effect on the dome antenna's reception and it might mean that that DTV will broadcast "some" HD programming on the 101 which will be received by the domes (or not). I believe they WILL be broadcasting something on the 101 satellite as ALL of the home antennas have a 101 LNB. What they will broadcast is completely unknown at this point.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Bill.. Standard def is going away. I would not consider a standard def solution and very few others will as well.

Even my 92 year old FIL complains about watching his old VCR tapes of their travels.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ranger Smith wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Be aware that DirecTV is dropping all SD channels next spring. It's still not clear where or which HD channels will be available on the KU band sats that the dome style dishes receive. Most DTV HD is currently on a KA band sat. SD only receivers will also stop working in that time frame.

Another brilliant move by ATT Management . . . Right

Where is this an AT&T Management issue? Neither DirecTV nor Dish Network invented dome style antennas and they have never made programming decisions based upon the tiny slice of society that use them. Blame the antenna manufacturers for not being able to keep up if you like but there's certainly no blame to be placed on any of the satellite TV providers.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Dish is great. You can now even change your local channels right on their mobile app. No more calling and it receives the HD channels without the expensive equipment. I found DirecTV not too "RV Friendly" when we had it. Couldn't suspend service and had to be in a contract. No contract with Dish.

Actually had a service tech come out one time and accuse me of mirroring fraud when he found out I had 2 of the receivers in my RV and he wanted to see them but RV was in getting serviced. I dropped them that day and never went back.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had Directv for 15 years. Switched to DISH when they did their ala cart pricing with a two year lock on price plus no HD fees and it lets me use a $400 carryout.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I are both ATT retirees but that isn't why we went to DIRECTV. It cost us less and we got more then dish was giving us. That does pose another though to look at. I had dish and even bough a portable Ant. which is sitting in garage never been used. I would like to get rid of it. $400 down the drain.
N4FAP

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you canโ€™t beat โ€˜em, buy โ€˜em.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Be aware that DirecTV is dropping all SD channels next spring. It's still not clear where or which HD channels will be available on the KU band sats that the dome style dishes receive. Most DTV HD is currently on a KA band sat. SD only receivers will also stop working in that time frame.

Another brilliant move by ATT Management . . . Right
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate