cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Refrigerator Circulator Fan

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a two fan unit that is wired to the positive side of the light and clips to the fins of the refrigerator. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement unit?
32 REPLIES 32

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
delete
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
I went into that issue blindly not knowing about the fan bearings and how fast the bushing type would start making noise.

peeled the sticker/cover off the back of the fans and put a dab or oil in the bearing. Walla they run like new.

i recovered the exposed bearing with a little chunk of the aluminum duct tape. Have don it 2 or 3 times now.

Hey! I tried this and it worked! I have the blue one with an alligator clip and like it (except for the noise, of course), but they don't make it any more, and I was vexing over what to replace it with. Now I don't have to. Right this minute, anyway, which is good enough for me.

As a thank you for posting, I will let you know that your "walla" is actually "voila," and more accurately "voilร ." Might come in handy for the next miracle you come up with.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201...I was only questioning because most are mounted on fins and blow into fins. When you think about cold air sinking and hot air rising your method actually may make more sense.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
Here's what I use. It clips under the wire shelf. No special mounting required. Originally designed to cool 3ยฝ" hard drives.
Wire the 2 fans in series and you'll never hear it.

Richard

If it goes under the shelf wouldn't it be blowing air up?

That is a good fan. It is 30CFM where a lot on ebay are only 10CFM.
Good price too.

Yes it would blow air up. My thinking is it makes no difference. The fan is creating circulation. Up one side, down the other. But if it concerns you, you can turn the fans over in the fixture.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I went into that issue blindly not knowing about the fan bearings and how fast the bushing type would start making noise.

peeled the sticker/cover off the back of the fans and put a dab or oil in the bearing. Walla they run like new.

i recovered the exposed bearing with a little chunk of the aluminum duct tape. Have don it 2 or 3 times now.

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
I have a two fan unit that is wired to the positive side of the light and clips to the fins of the refrigerator. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement unit?
I think I have the same unit, or similar....bought it on Amazon
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Here's what I use. It clips under the wire shelf. No special mounting required. Originally designed to cool 3ยฝ" hard drives.

Richard

If it goes under the shelf wouldn't it be blowing air up?

That is a good fan. It is 30CFM where a lot on ebay are only 10CFM.
Good price too.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Fans that pianotuna linked are back in stock...
fan

Dometic already sold out. Norcold is same and still some left.

norcold and dometic

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Larry202br wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:

NewEgg

Richard

New Egg doesn't say, is that a 12v, 5v, or 120v fan?

Pickey, pickey, pickey. hehe......The ones I have are all 12 volt. If I remember correctly, 3ยฝ" hard drives use 12 volt.

Better prices on Ebay

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Larry202br
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:

NewEgg

Richard

New Egg doesn't say, is that a 12v, 5v, or 120v fan?
2006 Open Road 316 RLDS-5
2004 F-250 Diesel, short bed, SRW, Crew cab, 3.73 auto.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer

NewEgg

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I have the fan in the link I sent. All I can say is I no longer have ice build up on the fins, and the fridge cools faster and has less variation in overall temperature.

wopachop wrote:
For ultimate performance what circulation of airflow would be best?

Do you want a fan blowing down a couple fins horizontally?

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

kevden
Explorer
Explorer
Now I remember looking at the different bearing types when I bought mine. I just looked them up in our order history. I went with a 5 pack of ARCTIC F12 with fluid dynamic bearings from amazon. I used 1 inside the fridge and 4 in the roof vent. I tapped into 12v for the roof fans in the exterior access panel, and put an on/off/speed controller in the area under the kitchen sink. If we are boondocking and need to save energy I can turn off the exterior fans, and unclip the alligator from the interior fins.
2012 Keystone Outback 312bh

2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 4X4 Quadrasteer

2010 VW Routan
2007 Chrysler Pacifica AWD

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The fans are on, the light is not.

Bags4266 wrote:
Slightly confused. Iโ€™m always complaining on the temp in the fridge. If the fans are connected to the light source then they are continually on?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.