cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yahoo mail problems

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use Yahoo exclusively back in the day, but now mostly use various other email providers. Lately, Yahoo mail isn't working for me. When I try to access the website I get a message that it can't be found, or something to that effect. I've tried both Edge and Chrome browsers. It's the same on both. I've had similar problems in the past. Anyone else? You can be sure I'll be phasing Yahoo mail out.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
23 REPLIES 23

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the problem's fixed. I needed to completely uninstall my Nord VPN. Just turning it off wasn't enough. Now Yahoo is working normally. I can use Tunnel Bear VPN with no problem. I'm glad I only paid for one month Of Nord VPN instead of one year to try it out. Nord worked very well for almost a month and I was going to keep it. After all, it's one of the highest rated VPN's out there. I'm surprised it required uninstallation to get Yahoo mail back. It wasn't Yahoo's fault, after all. :C

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
Well, today (7-20) my Yahoo mail is down again after working briefly the other day. Whether it's Yahoo's fault or not, I doubt I'll be using it any longer. Anyhow, my other email providers are working well, such as Hotmail, GMX and Proton. I also use Gmail, which has become a bit of a pain recently by forcing me to use two factor identification in order to sign in.

From this comment, it sounds like you have email accounts with Yahoo, Hotmail, GMX, Proton and Gmail but access them all from their respective websites. You may realize you have options but when I see this in discussion threads I always scratch my head and wonder why someone chooses to use multiple email clients.

I use Gmail as my only client to access my email accounts but other email clients also allow access to multiple email accounts. Email from all accounts are visible in your email client inbox.

When you reply to an email, the email address it was sent to automatically shows as the reply's from address. When you compose an email, you can allow it to show a default email address as its from address or select another of your email addresses as its from email address. If you want received emails from different accounts kept separately (not sure why) you can configure an email client to divert incoming emails to a specific folder other than the inbox.

I don't know if your problems with accessing your Yahoo email are related to the Yahoo email client or the yahoo email server, but you could configure gmail to access your yahoo email account to see if your yahoo email is accessible via a different email client.

The Gmail two factor identification option is an option. I don't know why it is in effect for your Gmail, but it can be turned off in the Gmail settings.

I'm learning that it may not be Yahoo's fault at all since I found I can access it on my iPad. Some sort of glitch in Windows (or something) is preventing access. The Gmail situation appears to have resolved itself.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:
Well, today (7-20) my Yahoo mail is down again after working briefly the other day. Whether it's Yahoo's fault or not, I doubt I'll be using it any longer. Anyhow, my other email providers are working well, such as Hotmail, GMX and Proton. I also use Gmail, which has become a bit of a pain recently by forcing me to use two factor identification in order to sign in.

From this comment, it sounds like you have email accounts with Yahoo, Hotmail, GMX, Proton and Gmail but access them all from their respective websites. You may realize you have options but when I see this in discussion threads I always scratch my head and wonder why someone chooses to use multiple email clients.

I use Gmail as my only client to access my email accounts but other email clients also allow access to multiple email accounts. Email from all accounts are visible in your email client inbox.

When you reply to an email, the email address it was sent to automatically shows as the reply's from address. When you compose an email, you can allow it to show a default email address as its from address or select another of your email addresses as its from email address. If you want received emails from different accounts kept separately (not sure why) you can configure an email client to divert incoming emails to a specific folder other than the inbox.

I don't know if your problems with accessing your Yahoo email are related to the Yahoo email client or the yahoo email server, but you could configure gmail to access your yahoo email account to see if your yahoo email is accessible via a different email client.

The Gmail two factor identification option is an option. I don't know why it is in effect for your Gmail, but it can be turned off in the Gmail settings.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
maybe yahoo is 'black listed' in your adblocker or firewall

I just installed Zonealarm Extreme Security Suite today and Yahoo mail is still not accessible. I can't imagine it would be automatically blacklisted since it's a popular program.

MrWizard
maybe yahoo is 'black listed' in your adblocker or firewall
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Now this interesting. I can reach my Yahoo inbox on my iPad. So, something inherent in Windows is blocking me. Only does that on Yahoo mail.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Sandia Man wrote:
Check yahoo mail several times a day on all my devices at work and home with no issues, my android tablets and cells work fine with yahoo as well. One thing that irritates me is they are always asking me to change to their new layout or format, I always decline and stay with classic yahoo mail. Sorry to hear about your frustrations, I would look else where if I had to constantly deal with these issues.

Ditto.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'm dumping Yahoo permanently. After trying everything I could to get to my inbox, I still have 11 unread messages which will remain forever unread. I even tried to register on a Yahoo forum to find help and found that endeavor impossible. Goodbye Yahoo! I'll rely on my other reliable providers.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Well, today (7-20) my Yahoo mail is down again after working briefly the other day. Whether it's Yahoo's fault or not, I doubt I'll be using it any longer. Anyhow, my other email providers are working well, such as Hotmail, GMX and Proton. I also use Gmail, which has become a bit of a pain recently by forcing me to use two factor identification in order to sign in. That could be due to my use of a VPN (Nord), but I'm not about to stop using it. (I'd previously accessed Gmail OK when using a different VPN company, Tunnel Bear. Don't know why Nord is different, but I like the product)

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
ONe thing. Never had this happen on Yahoo or Yahoo mail but have on other sites.

FIrst: SHut down and turn back on the computer..
NORTON has a "Nanny Gate" one of the RV parks I visit has Norton nanny gate installed due to some jerk downloading a prohibited download (Copyright I suspect) so instead of invoking Post office Rules the park put in a nanny gate (Stupid.. The Park has ZERO liability if someone downloads counterband unless the someone is park mangement)

THe blasted Nanny Gate won't let me access PCH.COm and what is worse also a felony in this state, it installs something on my Phone or Chromebook that redirects me t the "Prohibited" page EVEN IF I SWITCH TO T-MOBILE as my ISP (aay from the nanny gate) I told you the park was stupid, THEY INCURE LIABILITY if I were to sue them for that.

Turning the devices off and back on fixes it (Thankfully it's only in RAM not in storage).

THe other thing is clear all cookies and caches Sometimes that's where the problem lies.. Of course you now have to log back into everything but.. Well I have an assistat for that.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
most likely , there was an update to yahoo's server
that sxxxx things up, until they tracked down the bad code and patched it
OR did a roll back to the pre-update
might have been glitching only on certain IP address range
or certain incoming server links from other providers
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Everything's working good today. I'll never know why Yahoo was giving me a problem, although I don't think they're to blame, but some unknown glitch causing the problem. Computer technology sure isn't a perfect science. But that's why we have fun playing with it. :B

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I got yahoo mail to work one time in Chrome. Just tried again and no go. At least I got to read my messages. Nothing important, thank goodness.So its a sure thing I won't be directing people to my Yahoo accounts any more.

I'm also trying Proton Mail. Seems to work OK thus far.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
Now this is interesting. I can't even find www. yahoo.com. It's as if Yahoo doesn't exist! "search.myarticle.com" shows up in the search box instead. Guess it's time to run a virus/malware scan.

Just performed a scan with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. All clear.

Something else: I tried accessing Yahoo using Chrome browser and it now works, whereas it wouldn't before. Something strange going on! I do like my Edge browser but may have to look in to a different one.