Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ever hear of this use air conditioning get thrown out

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying in a state campground in ri
On our instruction sheet says no air conditioning you will be thrown out if they find out your using it even if you paid for full hookups
37 REPLIES 37

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I have never stayed there, i have visited friends that have camped there... Never saw the attraction, seemed kind of boring and nothing special
Proud father of a US Marine

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed in a park once that said no wagon-burning allowed. Never went back.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman's is the only place I've run into it. Yes they have lots of rules but I've never had them come around complaining about anything. Such a nice place I don't mind the rules or digging out the campers registration for them.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
filrupmark wrote:
I have never heard of that. But once I was thrown out of an air conditioned beer joint.

^^^ OK, now this really made me laugh!
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
All I could afford wrote:
I like page 9 with the MINIMUM Stay of 1 night in the off peak season!

It's on pages 7 and 12 of the version I saw, and I like it because it gives a number when it talks about minimum stay: "Minimum stay of 4 nights" in peak season and "minimum stay of 1 night" in non-peak season. The "minimum stay of one night" might sound silly, but it's 100% clear what it means. Sure, if there's a minimum stay in peak season and no mention of non-peak season, it could be inferred that there's no minimum stay in non-peak season, but why make people infer anything when you can say it outright?

But did y'all who are mocking the rules actually look at them? The stated purpose of the document is "policies, procedures and forms," and it includes information about Reserve America's call center hours, that cabins at Burlingame State Park have two bunk beds and mattresses and bedding aren't provided, reservations instructions and fees, etc. The actual rules in there are the usual: quiet hours, number of people per site, pets on a 6' leash (yeah, right).

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
21 pages of rules? Ha. h, ha...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..I don't think I would fit in here! :B Sounds more like a jail than a campground to me.

That's one good thing about a self contained TT. I can stay pretty much anywhere I want to stay.

At an RV resort; on the side of a road; in a dessert, in the mountainsโ€ฆโ€ฆ.ya, pretty much anywhere I want. I love the RV lifestyle!
Would not be my choice for a place to stay either but others may appreciate all the rules.

The sad part is what facilitated the need for all those rules.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
21 pages of rules? Ha. h, ha...โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..I don't think I would fit in here! :B Sounds more like a jail than a campground to me.

That's one good thing about a self contained TT. I can stay pretty much anywhere I want to stay.

At an RV resort; on the side of a road; in a dessert, in the mountainsโ€ฆโ€ฆ.ya, pretty much anywhere I want. I love the RV lifestyle!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard of that
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Dale.Traveling wrote:
I suspect you are camped at Fishermenโ€™s Memorial Campground and if you are in area 4 "The electrical service in Area 4 is not adequate for RV air conditioning units during extreme heat,,,"

General Rules. See page 19

Holy rat turds Batman, do they have a few rules in RI lol. The encyclopedia of campground rules. Prices are cheap though, here in PA that full hookup site will be more than double, in the order of $46 on a weekend.

Fisherman's is way over the top strict, When checking in they even wanted our trailer insurance information...

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

LarryJM
Explorer
Explorer
IMO it's ridiculous to be charged for either A/C or electric heat as long as you are using the amperage that you paid for and I will never willingly pay for either and if I would find another CG if they prohibited using either and sure would never stay there again.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
I have never heard of that. But once I was thrown out of an air conditioned beer joint.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of them say no alcohol and no firearms. One place we stayed in CO said no alcohol but 3.2 beer was OK go figure. 3.2 beer is sort of like near beer
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
sparkydave wrote:
I was at a private campground that had very limited electric capacity, only 15 amp pedestals. They flat out said "NO A/C". So to get it across, the pedestals had the old-style screw-in fuse boxes. You paid a $5 fuse deposit when you checked in, and you got a 15-amp screw-in fuse. If you blew the fuse or didn't return the intact fuse, you didn't get your deposit back.

If that campground is/was down in Ohio, WE WERE THERE! LOL! I believe it was a campground that was touting "The Largest in-ground pool in the country" or something like that.

When I went to check in, I was ready to leave the office and the very nice clerk stopped me and said, "Hey, You forgot your fuse!" I was like, "Huh?" He replied, "Your Fuse. Gotta have one to get your power on at your site." So, he hands me a screw in style fuse, and off I went.

When we arrived at the site, the fuse box was nailed to the side of a tree! :B

Now, in a place like that, I could see them not wanting you to pull too many amps with A/C. Hence, no A/C or Heater use allowed.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
One in Michigan charges 2.00 per day if you use air.
Campground was established before they had a/c or many anyway in units.
Wife's Cousin rewired the whole campground 3 decades ago and no load problems. Just another way to bring in money. Grand Kids now run it and rates are getting very high.
RI may have cool temps but then again their wiring is old or ..well I dunno.