cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reno to daytona

ovrdrawn
Explorer
Explorer
We're on a return leg from the northwest, and after we crossed from Sacramento to Reno on i-80, my wife said no more mountains. I was thinking of taking rt 95 south to pick up i-40 at kingman, az. 38 ft 5th wheel. Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy
5 REPLIES 5

ovrdrawn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the replies. We ended up taking 95 south to 93 and picking up I40 at Kingman. Easy Peasy, and we're in Amarillo now. No problem. The wife has come out from under the dash.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
I-10 is the flattest route but you to like the heat.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it the altitude or the dropoffs?

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
ovrdrawn wrote:
We're on a return leg from the northwest, and after we crossed from Sacramento to Reno on i-80, my wife said no more mountains. I was thinking of taking rt 95 south to pick up i-40 at kingman, az. 38 ft 5th wheel. Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

Good Luck - those Rocks have been there a long time - Airplane or Sleeping Pill is the only way around them.:S

Best of Luck,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
On I-40 you will have a pretty good climb just west of Williams and the construction caused the road to go down to one lane for a few miles. We did it yesterday and had no trouble but just wanted you to be aware. Flagstaff is at about 7,000 feet and Kingman is at a little over 3,000 feet!

If you go on down to I-10 on US 95, it will lower the elevation changes and also increase the heat as well as sending you through Phoenix and El Paso. When you are going across country you just have to pick your poison! :B
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams