cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brake Buddy Problem with 40 ft motorhome

LaEshenour
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 40 ft Winnebago Tour and previously towed a CRV and now have switched to a Ford F150. We have a Brake Buddy system that we used with our previous 34 ft motorhome and the CRV.
We've had ongoing issues with the Brake Buddy emergency disconnect alarm going off. Someone mentioned that Brake Buddy has problems with motorhome over 40 ft. Anyone else experiencing problems?

โš Please see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions related to forum posting, signature and photo testing, or reporting member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, post in the RV Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
Steve and Lori
Rocky and Baxter (fur-kids)
2008 Winnebago Tour
4 REPLIES 4

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Are you referring to the alert on the remote? I have a 38' MH and no problems with false triggers on the remote.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Why would that be. The motorhome length has no affect on how the Brake Buddy operates. It's completely independent from the MH brakes. Our's has worked fine.

I can tell you from experience the break away wires ( red and black) can easily come loose. That connection end screws together. Once Our's came off and I threaded the wire back thru and tightened. They get loose at times. Something to check.

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
Can't answer your question, but I had to call brake buddy regarding a question for mine and they were VERY helpful. Give them a shout I'm sure they will have an answer.

Moved from FORUM POSTING HELP AND SUPPORT