cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Repairs

Maryetta
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 29 ft. Crossroads Zinger with rear kitchen. Rear wall has had water damage. The leak has been repaired. The damage is about 1 foot wide and runs from ceiling to counter. There is an upper cabinet attached to that wall and the water damage goes through back of cabinet and down to counter. Wall ends below counter because water pump, etc. are in that corner below counter. Is there an easy way to replace this wall or will I have to take cabinet and counter off?
3 REPLIES 3

jrs1871
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you will have to cut out the entire damaged section. That wouldn't be a bad idea anyway as you want to make sure the studs are not damaged also. FWIW, many campers ago I tried to fix water damage behind a cabinet without removing the cabinet. I ended up removing the cabinet anyway. I was able to get by without removing the countertop. It made the repair easier since I had better access. As for trying to match it, I wouldn't try. Perhaps peel and stick tile or something similar along the entire area under the cabinets would work.

Maryetta
Explorer
Explorer
This is more serious. The wall board is wavy and not connected at the corner. I guess finding out if there is a stud somewhere along the wall might be my first step. Then cut out the bad piece but I have no idea how to replace it with something that looks ok.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Picture might help. Approach to minor cosmetic damage is different than fixing water damage which might have impacted underlying structure/insulation etc. Simple cosmetic damage can be fixed with paint/wallpaper etc - gets more complicated if damage is more severe.
Kevin