cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expedition Info Screen Problem

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
DW often uses her 2013 Rxpy to pull our toys. Having driven a school bus full of handicapped kids for roughly 30 years, she insists her vehicles be as nearly perfect as possible.

A couple days ago she noticed that the information screen said her driverside door was ajar. It wasn't. The warning wouldn't clear. I found that after restarting the car and opening the passenger side door, the same thing happened.

All three dash buttons, set up etc., are dead. Only Tow Haul light functions properly when engaged or disengaged.

in case the two problems might be related, I should mention that for several months, probably a year, the front sensors sound off randomly when a car pulls up at a traffic light, or sometimes just as you're driving.

I'm sure not interested in visiting the stealership. Any ideas or suggestions?
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."
5 REPLIES 5

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, just noticed signature doesn't show the Expedition. Ground problem sounds like the first thing to look at. Thanks.

But title could have been a clue.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
Broken ground wire in the wire harness in door jam or bad switch are common failures. I have experienced the broken grounds in explorers and f series trucks.

Bad grounds cause all kinds of wierd issues.

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Probably means Expy instead of Rxpy as title says Expedition
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
What is a 2013 Rxpy? Have you taken it into have the codes read? How old is the battery?

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps if I knew what an Rxpy was.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE