cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

He's a "big brother" now

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
That is, my 3500 Dually Diesel Duramax long bed crew cab pick-em-up truck!

Yep, he's a "big brother" now! He's got a new "sister"!

The wife threw me for a total loop when she said she wanted a new vehicle and showed me some photos of 1500's Chevy Silverados. I was about floored. She was serious. Trade in your beloved Equinox?

And she said "yes."

I didn't hesitate a second. It was 3:30 pm in the afternoon and we headed for the dealer.

8:30 pm we pulled into the garage at home with THIS! Not exactly a 1500! But actually, I fell in love with it too! Wife is exhilarated out of her mind! I still can't believe she wanted another pick-up truck and willing to give up the SUV! You all know the drill .... what Momma wants, Momma gets! And ... Happy wife, happy life!

Never dreamed in a lifetime I'd be a 2 pick-up truck owner.

Meet "little sister":

I actually tried hitching the travel trailer to the new Chevy "Colorado" and the rear just squatted all the way, bottomed out. I didn't attempt to move the trailer, I was just curious if I "could" use it to move it around the driveway. Nope! I wouldn't dare do that with this truck. Just way too small! Still, I gave it my best shot.

Anyway, the wife is tickled pink. Of course, she's a bit more sporty than her "big brother" and the wife is already accessorizing with that
feminine touch. Oh well, it's really fun to drive. That's all that matters to me.

So, now the "family" is complete:

But big brother will still do the hard work pulling that trailer:

We are now looking for a bed cover. We figure we'll go all the way and get the motorized one, and looking into running boards.

I've gotta hand it to my wife.... after 32 years of marriage, she still surprises me! Never realized she was a "pick-up girl" at heat! I definitely married the right person!
24 REPLIES 24

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m lucky. We already have two pickups our only vehicles. She doesnโ€™t believe in replacing anything until it dies. Still plugging along in our 2002 and 2003 GMCs.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
2012Coleman wrote:
Me Again wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
How do you like the truck now that you've had it a while?

My only complaint is the seats. The left thigh bolsters on the driver's seat doesn't compress enough due to the hard plastic side panel on the seat base, and then puts pressure on my left thigh. There's a huge thread on the Colorado / Canyon forum about it.

He last posted on Jan 18th and became disenchanted with the site. He deleted a lot of his post and has not been around as far as we know. Chris
More like fed up

Thats to bad but I understand.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We have an F350 dually and a Ranger.....lol
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
deltabravo wrote:

My only complaint is the seats. The left thigh bolsters on the driver's seat doesn't compress enough due to the hard plastic side panel on the seat base, and then puts pressure on my left thigh. There's a huge thread on the Colorado / Canyon forum about it.

He last posted on Jan 18th and became disenchanted with the site. He deleted a lot of his post and has not been around as far as we know. Chris
More like fed up
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
deltabravo wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
AWESOME!! Congrats!

I want a ZR2 Duramax Colorado. I have tried so hard to like the seat in the COlorado, but as so many people post in the Coloradp/Canyon forum, I think they suck too.

The issues doesn't affect everyone though, so it's a body size / type think I guess.
Bob

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
For running boards, my wife loves my electric steps (AMP Research) on my truck so much that she wants them on her Tahoe. I ordered them and they are waiting to be installed.

Best price I found was Electric step. I think your vehicle might be "plug and play" and not even require getting into door panels and wiring..

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
For accessories, buy her an orange vest and a nice shovel and she will have that highway crew look. ๐Ÿ˜„

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Love the yellow. My wife had a Colorado loaner while her equinox was in for warranty work and she commented it was very nice. She liked it.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
To get more people interested in the Colorado GM Holden is offering modified body kits

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very nice
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's a hot looking truck! Congrats!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Those Colorados are very nice trucks. I wish my son would have bought one instead of the Tacoma. The Colorado is a much more refined and comfortable truck IMO and the Tacoma still feels like an old "mini-truck" to me.

A buddy also has the Colorado with the little Dmax diesel engine in it and loves it.

Unfortunately they do not sell in Australia. Much more beefed up version, than in the US, same diesel but NO sales