cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pickup / Travel Trailer Wash Locations / Suggestions

PDX1953
Explorer
Explorer
I'll finally (!) be hitting the road by the end of the month - only 3 months later than planned. At 65 y.o. I'm a newbie & have an F-150 with a canopy /shell / topper and a 12' x 7' toy hauler.

Due to a disability I can't wash them myself so what are some recommendations? The pickup is gold & the trailer is charcoal grey so they both show dirt easily. The only attended automatic car wash in my area won't allow me to take the truck through much less a trailer.

My plan is to start on the Oregon Coast (75 miles west of me) & head north into WA so I can stay in the cooler weather. Does anyone have any favorite spots on either coast north of Newport, OR?

When it starts raining here I'll head for AZ & understand there's a chain of truck / RV washes called Blue Beacon in most states. The closest one to me is right on the OR/WA border on I-5 and that's a traffic nightmare any day/time. Last year Portland announced they no longer have a rush hour period - it's just heavy all of the time.
4 REPLIES 4

PDX1953
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Most truck stops have a car wash. Stop by and let them do you.

Thanks - from one Orygunner to another.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Most truck stops have a car wash. Stop by and let them do you.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
amxpress wrote:
I've used Blue Beacon during my travels to wash my rig. Very reasonable and they've always done a good job.
http://bluebeacon.com

X2
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Blue Beacon during my travels to wash my rig. Very reasonable and they've always done a good job.
http://bluebeacon.com
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo