cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 fleetwood discovery LXE 44h

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody own one, 2018 perhaps? If so, how do you like it? Any issues? Things to know?
9 REPLIES 9

mrubaum
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your offer if we need any info on the 44H. I am getting my 2019 lxe 44h next week. So exited I cannot stand it. Does it drive and handle good? Is the provided mattress comfortable? Thank you, Mike

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
We bought an Expedition new in 2005. Similar to a Discovery; made on the same line, Freightliner chassis, CAT C7, Allison 3000. About 60,000 miles.

I too, would not buy another rear rad DP. Also want a slide out genset and battery tray.

Here are the problems.

Two bad ride hgt valves.

Sway bar bushings.

Dual windows fogged up.

Norcold 1200 died.

I wonโ€™t mention the thousands and thousands spent on proper maintenance eg liquid changes, fan belts, filters, etc

Dash AC has slow leak-recharge every 2-3 years.

Both roof ACs failed. Replaced around year 11-12.

Faulty wiring harness for turbo boost, check engine light, limp mode.
I found that myself. Bought VMscec/Silverleaf, which said it was turbo boost sensor,
Mechanic replaced sensor which fixed it for about six months. Then it restarted. With Silverleaf running I deduced that bumps set it off. I found the sensor and by just looking saw the harness was tight rope tight and pulling on the connector on top of the sensor.
Pulled some wire out and hasnโ€™t happened since.

Two (big) slide motors replaced.

No complaints, all pretty normal stuff.

That's pretty minor being it's 13 years old. Sounds like it worked out well.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought an Expedition new in 2005. Similar to a Discovery; made on the same line, Freightliner chassis, CAT C7, Allison 3000. About 60,000 miles.

I too, would not buy another rear rad DP. Also want a slide out genset and battery tray.

Here are the problems.

Two bad ride hgt valves.

Sway bar bushings.

Dual windows fogged up.

Norcold 1200 died.

I wonโ€™t mention the thousands and thousands spent on proper maintenance eg liquid changes, fan belts, filters, etc

Dash AC has slow leak-recharge every 2-3 years.

Both roof ACs failed. Replaced around year 11-12.

Faulty wiring harness for turbo boost, check engine light, limp mode.
I found that myself. Bought VMscec/Silverleaf, which said it was turbo boost sensor,
Mechanic replaced sensor which fixed it for about six months. Then it restarted. With Silverleaf running I deduced that bumps set it off. I found the sensor and by just looking saw the harness was tight rope tight and pulling on the connector on top of the sensor.
Pulled some wire out and hasnโ€™t happened since.

Two (big) slide motors replaced.

No complaints, all pretty normal stuff.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
tinkerer wrote:
Congratulations! Don't let anyone put doubt in you about the full slide. You will like it, I have one for 10 years and would be difficult to go to coach without it. By the way it's an older Discovery.

Thanks!! But I don't understand the full slide comment in the earlier post because it doesn't have any. It has 4 opposing slides.

How have you liked your Discovery?
We have had the 2007 Discovery for 10 years now. For what we spent for it, it has been a good value. I have had more problems with the Freightliner chassis than the coach itself.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
tinkerer wrote:
Congratulations! Don't let anyone put doubt in you about the full slide. You will like it, I have one for 10 years and would be difficult to go to coach without it. By the way it's an older Discovery.

Thanks!! But I don't understand the full slide comment in the earlier post because it doesn't have any. It has 4 opposing slides.

How have you liked your Discovery?

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer

mikey52
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new coach. We have looked at the 44H but will probably wait a while longer before making the plunge. I think we will probably go with the 44H too. Be sure to put out some evaluations along the way of how you like the coach and how it performs.
2013 Discovery 40x
2016 GMC Canyon
2011 BMW R1200RT

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Well.... It's a done deal. We now own one. So if anyone needs feedback down the line I'd be happy to indulge. What brought me to this was the Discovery LXE package is a upgrade from the Standard Discovery models. Awnings are hidden as in the higher end coaches among other added upgrades as well.

We wanted a tag axle also, with a bigger engine. This model in the Discovery line-up is a tag axle and 450 Hspwr. No side radiator but that definitely wasn't a deal killer. It has the multiplex 12v switching, Aqua Hot for heat and water, all electric coach, dishwasher, 3 air conditioners with one heat pump in bedroom, fireplace in living area with heat, independant front axle with 60 degree wheel cut ( only in this model and one with bunks in rear).

REV Group has a lot of years building many different platforms on Freightliner chassis. Busses, fire trucks, etc. We didn't have a issue with our last MH Freighliner chassis from Fleetwood and the MH held up very well. It looked brand new when we turned it in.

I had my eyes set on a Tiffin Allegro Bus. Yes they're buildt a tad better but a whole bunch more money. But our last Fleetwood held up very well, and this is a large step up from that. Of all the coaches we went thru while looking the Fleetwoods seemed to have no cosmetic or build problems that were "immediately" noticeable.

The Tiffin Allegro bus paint really had a issue with the paint fade on the outside (bad paint job). The inside hand bar broke in my hand at the front steps going into the motor home ( broke in two pieces). There were multiple problems with finish inside the MH. I was actually disappointed when looking at it.

A lot to learn about the all eletric coach and Aqua Hot system, Tag axle ( new to us) , using the Multiples system, various accent lighting features ( in awning, under coach, door awning).

It'll be fun!!

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
Anybody own one, 2018 perhaps? If so, how do you like it? Any issues? Things to know?

If me, I'd step up in quality a bit and go with a side radiator and a Spartan chassis. Also forgo any full wall slides and even if you have to drop back a model year or more, for meeting your budget. Sooooooooo, it all sounds like an Entegra, to me, but to each his own, of course.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)