cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need both ends out?

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I;m doing some interior work on my Coleman tent trailer. My question is this, do I need to extend both beds when I only need one out to do the work? I guess I'm concerned about wind even though we don't have heavy winds here.I don't know if a gust would cause any damage to the trailer, the reason for ot opening both is where its parked makes it impractical.
Thanks,
Lee
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
5 REPLIES 5

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
In my area we get severe storms year round and winds can exceed 80 mph any day of the week. If pup is stage or partialy setup excessive damage can occur. I pop the entire unit and have it setup fully for any repairs/cleaning.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
There is no reason to be concerned about only having 1 bunk out. How I have to park in my driveway, we can only partially put out the back bunk and have never had a problem.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do what mobeewan said. I did the same thing once. Had to manually lift one end of the roof to do some repair. Had two neighbors help me out and when all three of us got in, we tipped the trailer. No damage done and it ended up being pretty funny. If you are working on the back end, make sure you put down the stabilizers. If working on the front end, the tongue jack will be enough.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
If it was really windy you might have a problem with the tent panels flapping around too much and cause damage to them. Otherwise I don't see a problem. However if the front bed is in and the rear bed out I'd deploy the rear stabalizers. I had my Coleman set up in the front yard airing out and getting ready for a trip. I had taken storage totes I kept loaded in the trailer off the floor and placed them on the rear bed so I could open some side cabinet doors. Later I climbed on the rear bed to unzip the rear tent window. With my weight of just over 300 lbs and the added weight of the totes I almost flipped the trailer. I came flying off that bed. Never did that again without the stabilizers down.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
It wasn't a Coleman but opened now and then when we had a popup.