cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Have you ever installed portable AC in your TH?

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
My Livinlite Quickstilver can't handle 100 deg Texas heat despite runing max.
Wondering if I could install a portable AC and how.
7 REPLIES 7

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
The single hose units don't work worth a darn, waste of money. Duel hose units are a little better.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
The thing about those portable units is that there's an equal air exchange... al the hot air that it blows through the exhaust hose has to replaced with an equal amount of fresh (HOT) air from the outside.... so while it will cool, it's also drawing in HOT air from the outside.

only if you get the "single hose" type as mentioned above. The two hose type brings in outside air for the condenser, not using conditioned air.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bedlam
Tim TH wrote:
Thanks. Piicking up a LG portable AC today.
Got to figure out where to vent out on my own as cfeiling vents are right in the middle:-(:-(

My Weekend Warrior had fuel fume vents in the lower walls that could be used to exhaust the AC.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
The thing about those portable units is that there's an equal air exchange... al the hot air that it blows through the exhaust hose has to replaced with an equal amount of fresh (HOT) air from the outside.... so while it will cool, it's also drawing in HOT air from the outside.
Bob

Tim_TH
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Piicking up a LG portable AC today.
Got to figure out where to vent out on my own as cfeiling vents are right in the middle:-(:-(

Bedlam
If you try to run both off the same circuit, it may pop breakers. If you can run the second AC to a dedicated outlet on the power pole, it will work fine.

Rather than ducting out the window, you may be able to duct out of one of the ceiling vents for a cleaner install.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have used one in the Motorhome several times. You can just place the hose out the window or build a wooden port to place in the window matching the hose exhaust. My experience has been with the single hose unit but I'm sure you could adjust to the dual hose set up too which I understand is a better result.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)