cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Introducing Lido

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Call us crazy, but Joe and I decided that we had the energy for one more lab to join our family! We had two while our kids were growing up, and they were wonderful dogs. I normally adopt rescues, but I decided that I wanted a known commodity this time around. The breeder is VERY reputable, does health/genetic testing, and shows her dogs - definitely not a puppy mill. Lido's mom is the female she uses for people who want dogs with great temperaments (therapy/service), rather than high hunting/field test drives.

Lido (means beach/coast in Italian) joined our family a little over a week ago at 8 weeks (born 5/19/18), and he's definitely a lab puppy - lol! Joe was born and raised in Sarasota, FL, and Lido Key is right off the coast of Sarasota. The sand there is white powder, which fits Lido's color, too.

I've already enrolled Lido in puppy kindergarten next month. He's a great puppy and very smart, just full of typical lab energy. We're looking forward to the time that he can start camping with us (he needs to finish his shots first). I'm also hoping to eventually train him for therapy work, but my vet says that his sniffer is outstanding (she hid treats for him to find on his first visit) and would be great for that, too.

Maddie and Kramer are slowing warming up to this bundle of energy. Maddie quickly set boundaries. I guess she knows that he's going to be huge and wants to make sure he respects her from the get-go. Kramer, ever the Oscar the Grouch type, uses the avoidance approach. It will work out.

These photos were taken at 8 weeks:

Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI
16 REPLIES 16

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
ReneeG wrote:
I'd add an "n" to his name - Lindo! Aye que Lindo!

:B
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I'd add an "n" to his name - Lindo! Aye que Lindo!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all of the kind words! We're hoping to survive Lido's puppyhood. He loves sticks, rocks, toys, and food - basically anything he can fit into his mouth. I can't take my eyes of him for a second! He's all lab and all boy - lol!

Lido - 10 weeks old this past Saturday.

Beth and Joe

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Our daughter is training a lab that looks very much like Lido for autism. He is SUCH a mush and a laid back guy. I told her to put dibs on him if he should not make the grade (only 32% do). He loves water and people.

Good luck with your new baby.

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
What a adorable face, love the name as we are well acquaninted with Lido Key, we stay in Cortez every winter and spend some time there when we go to St. Armands circle...
We are also so partial to Labs, our girl Lucy is about to turn 11 and is quite the camper.
Enjoy, can't wait to see camping pics with her!

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I need puppy HUGS!!!!!!!!!!! Hand him over!!!!!!!!!!!! He is adorable!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
Cutie patootie! :B

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations! What a doll.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new family member! He is a cutie! wishing you many happy camping days in the coming years with your furry family.

Rita
Buttons, the princess sheltie
Nicky, the spoiled Tennessee Walker
Walt, who puts up with all of us

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Handsome boy. It's been years since we've had a puppy and if we adopt again, it'll be a rescue that's one or two years. We know when we've found the right one.
Congratulations :c.

Thank you! We looked for a young lab rescue for quite awhile, but they're VERY few and far between. Most are mixed breeds with breeds we're not fond of. We finally decided to purchase from a reputable breeder instead.
Beth and Joe

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
Congratulations on your new addition. Lido is beautiful..or guess I should say handsome? (I recognized the name immediately. I, too, went to school in Sarasota..)

Thank you! Where did you attend school in Sarasota? My husband graduated from Sarasota High way back when.
Beth and Joe

2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new addition to your family.
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Handsome boy. It's been years since we've had a puppy and if we adopt again, it'll be a rescue that's one or two years. We know when we've found the right one.
Congratulations :c.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new addition. Lido is beautiful..or guess I should say handsome? (I recognized the name immediately. I, too, went to school in Sarasota..)