cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help identify this old trailer

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this old Travel Trailer in the woods near Whitesville, NY a few months ago and would like to know a little more about it, if anyone can help.

Thanks!
17 REPLIES 17

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
I've just published my photo blog on this trailer with what little Information I have along with more photos. https://blinspirations.com/done-travelin/

Thank you all for your help!

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
If you're on Facebook, there's a vintage rv group with a bunch of knowledgable folks.

Thanks, Chris! I posted the picture there too and someone identified it as a 1951 Stewart Coach. I can't confirm the year but I found photos of a 1954 Stewart Coachthat has identical lines.

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
jerem0621 wrote:
I canโ€™t help you identify the trailer but it is cool as heck!!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you, Jeremiah!

I like taking pictures of nature, scenery, wildlife, and interesting subjects. This falls into the latter. I'll add it to my photo blog once I learn a little more about it.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I canโ€™t help you identify the trailer but it is cool as heck!!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
LVJJJ wrote:
I have a couple of "Trailer Trash" picture books. One by Bob Moore has pictures of abandoned and trashed single wides thruout the southwest US. Your trashy trailer looks very much like a Silver King or Queen by Lighthouse Trailer company out of Chicago. Round windows in the doors and square in the body, with the same roofline.

Thanks, LVJJJ!

I found some old Silver King photos that looked similar but they were all aluminum. Wonder if they made older/others out of steel?

Laurie

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
routeforty wrote:
Don't know for sure, but it looks like maybe an old Spartan trailer. Did a google search for Spartan trailers and saw some that looked similar. Gary

Thanks, Gary!

I found some 1940's Spartan trailer photos on vintagecampers.com. They had round windows but they were shorter and only had one door. Still a good lead.

Laurie

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Spartan house trailers (1946 to 1960) were all rivited aluminum mill finish skinned units that didn't rust like the old house trailer in the pic.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of "Trailer Trash" picture books. One by Bob Moore has pictures of abandoned and trashed single wides thruout the southwest US. Your trashy trailer looks very much like a Silver King or Queen by Lighthouse Trailer company out of Chicago. Round windows in the doors and square in the body, with the same roofline.

If you like these old units, checkout Bob's book "Trailer Trash", its got some neat stuff in it. I didn't know it but manufacturers used to build two level mobile homes, one built by Lighthouse, some over 54 feet long.

And, if you want to see a bunch of old old trashy trailers in one place take a trip to Bombay Beach on Salton Sea, lots of neat old vehicles and buildings in real bad shape, except a lot of people still live there. Salton Sea flooded the village out once so there are big berms around the place. My favorite place in the world.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

kellidad
Explorer
Explorer
Thank all of you for the suggestions! I'll follow-up.

hawkeye-08
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've got a 1952 Trailite (nothing lite about it). It has round windows on the doors.

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Round door windows would suggest New Moon.
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know for sure, but it looks like maybe an old Spartan trailer. Did a google search for Spartan trailers and saw some that looked similar. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If you're on Facebook, there's a vintage rv group with a bunch of knowledgable folks.
-- Chris Bryant

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it look like a '30s/early '40s era house trailer with galvanized steel exterior panels which were the norm before the industry switched to aluminum skins.

TT or camp trailers as we called them weren't that big back then.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides