cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

In store pricing vs online pricing

pryoclastic
Explorer
Explorer
There for a while if you reached a certain dollar amount then the store would match the online price.

The store here in Oklahoma City (I assume all stores as well) has stopped doing the price matching and that is annoying. I shouldn't have to pay extra to get same.exact.item when choosing to get it at a store as opposed to getting it via "free" shipping.

Can management please reinstate this price matching policy?
2011 Sightseer 35J
1995 Vectra 34RA
9 REPLIES 9

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
newman fulltimer wrote:
They will only match online pricing if you are a club member only

I'm not a club member, they still matched the online price.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
eHoefler wrote:
When we bought our Splendid Waser/Dryer, we recieved a CW sales flyer in the mail. It had the WD on sail for $1050 plus a 15% off coupon. Wife had been wanting a WD, so we researched on line for the details on the unit. low and behold, the very same unit was on sale on CW's website for $799 with free shiping to the store. I called CW Strafford Mo., closest one to us ( 1 1/2 houres away ) and asked them about the price difference, the sales person I talked to said he had no answer, but would honor the sale price without hesitation. I asked about the 15% coupon, his reply was absolutely. I then asked if they had one in stock, he replied, I'll put your name on it and when do you want to pick it up. I went the following Saturday, and sure enough, there it was on the shelf with our name on it. Paid for it, never gave us any hint of a problem, and wife has her WD. And the work began for me.

When you walk into a Walmart, the policies and management is about as close to the same as the next one down the road, or the one on the other side of the country, as youll find.

When you walk into a Camping World it may be a 100% corporate owned and operated store built from the ground up, or a previous privatly owned RV dealership into which the owner entered into some type of agreement / arrangement with Camping World and hung up a CW shingle, or any combination in between. That previous owner may or may not remain behind the scenes in some capacity.

Hence the inconsistency with service, sales, etc.

Campers Inn who was opening locations from NE to GA a few years back operates on the same business model but a smaller scale.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
They will only match online pricing if you are a club member only

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we bought our Splendid Waser/Dryer, we recieved a CW sales flyer in the mail. It had the WD on sail for $1050 plus a 15% off coupon. Wife had been wanting a WD, so we researched on line for the details on the unit. low and behold, the very same unit was on sale on CW's website for $799 with free shiping to the store. I called CW Strafford Mo., closest one to us ( 1 1/2 houres away ) and asked them about the price difference, the sales person I talked to said he had no answer, but would honor the sale price without hesitation. I asked about the 15% coupon, his reply was absolutely. I then asked if they had one in stock, he replied, I'll put your name on it and when do you want to pick it up. I went the following Saturday, and sure enough, there it was on the shelf with our name on it. Paid for it, never gave us any hint of a problem, and wife has her WD. And the work began for me.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
mat60 wrote:
I always thought the reason for this was because it cost more to run a store than it does a warehouse.

That's probably why Sears and other stores are failing and Amazon is growing.

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I always thought the reason for this was because it cost more to run a store than it does a warehouse.
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI shouldn't have to pay extra to get same.exact.itemโ€œ

The costs of retailing and the costs of online sales are hugely different. Not rocket science. Ask Sears, Toy R Us etc. Yes, you should.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello pyroclastic,

Thank you for your time and post. Please allow me to share your concerns with the leadership team.
Also, please sent your contact information in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team