cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost had a new trailer today

SWO_Vette
Explorer
Explorer
What a day! Went to pick up a prime time fury 3110. You may have seen my post about the solar questions, but as we were doing the walk through they had the TV on and I asked if it was over the air and they said it was. I asked how to hook the satellite up and cable as there was, like I have on my Puma, a connection on the docking station for satellite and cable. The tech said you couldn't do it as they were not hooked up as there was no wiring in for the satellite or cable. All it had was over the air-deal killer as we use it to tailgate in the fall at football games. In this day and time what the heck was Prime Time thinking.

I didn't take the unit. Left with my trade. Got down the road about a hour or so and they called back and said they could install it and deliver it to me on Monday. This dealership is where I bought my trade in from and the have done good work and been very helpful in the past. I told them to go ahead and do it as my thinking is that if it's a hack job they will drag it back home as I have no skin in the game at this point.

It's just amazing that they have a docking station but they aren't hooking up the satellite and cable.
9 REPLIES 9

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:
nayther wrote:
My new trailer was "satellite ready" but they ran the main connection, antenna booster, etc. to the bedroom, where there is no T.V. and nothing to the main T.V. in the living room except the feed from the bedroom, that's where the straight through connection from "sat" on the docking station went as well. Where in the hell do they think you're going to mount/set a satellite receiver in the bedroom with a wall mounted T.V.? I found the route from the docking station to the main T.V. and ran a dedicated coax and disconnected the one to the bedroom and left it loose behind the docking station. Really stupid thinking on their part.

The other thing that makes me scratch my bald head is the lack of any deep cabinets or shelves at the entertainment center, no place to set a typical satellite receiver; I'm going to have to build a shelf!

That's weird. No place for a DVD/Bluray either?

No, didn't even notice it when we were shopping, there's a shelf unit above and below the TV but due to the slide it's only about 8" deep. I'm either going to fashion a shelf up top for the components or build some shelves between the TV and steps. I'm not the best woodworker though.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
My new trailer was "satellite ready" but they ran the main connection, antenna booster, etc. to the bedroom, where there is no T.V. and nothing to the main T.V. in the living room except the feed from the bedroom, that's where the straight through connection from "sat" on the docking station went as well. Where in the hell do they think you're going to mount/set a satellite receiver in the bedroom with a wall mounted T.V.? I found the route from the docking station to the main T.V. and ran a dedicated coax and disconnected the one to the bedroom and left it loose behind the docking station. Really stupid thinking on their part.

The other thing that makes me scratch my bald head is the lack of any deep cabinets or shelves at the entertainment center, no place to set a typical satellite receiver; I'm going to have to build a shelf!

That's weird. No place for a DVD/Bluray either?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

SWO_Vette
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, it seems the RV business is pretty slimy. Anyway, We didn't buy the unit. Back to looking after Sturgis is over

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Primetime Crusader. Tried to hook up to satellite it wouldn't work. Brought it back to dealer, found out cable wasn't even run through trailer from factory. Another reason I would never buy another Forest River product
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
Not so sure i would ever trust that dealer....

It clearly states in the brochure for the Fury as Standard features:

FWIW it also clearly states in the brochure;

"All information contained in this publication is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However during the model year it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River Inc reserves the right to make all such changes without notice including prices, colors, equipment, specifications and blah blah blah, so on and so forth"

That is how a buyer can have a unit ordered because they wanted a specific wrap around dinette in brown pleather and a 60 gallon water tank they tout, and when it arrives it has a 4 person sit across in puke green and a 30 gallon tank.

Dont you love the RV Industry? They're a strange sort and a hoot.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Cable is cable why not use the ant cable and just not turn the amplifier on?

SWO_Vette
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, I mean there is no cable to hook ups in the docking station. They are just like fakes. It makes me wonder if they forgot to install them at the factory. I know the antenna works, but there is no way in heck the satellite and cab,e will work as the connectors are not hooked up. Strange. Thank you for bringing the brochure up I had forgot about that. I plan to bring it to their attention tomorrow. As they refunded my deposit I have no skin in the game and they are bringing it to me. If it don't work or is not done correctly then they can haul it back.

Not so sure i would ever trust that dealer....

It clearly states in the brochure for the Fury as Standard features:

Garage-
Satellite and Cable Connection
Steel Tie Downs Bolted to Chasis
7" Spring Assisted Ramp Door
Black Diamond Protection on Garage Walls
Gas/Oil Resistant Flooring

And :
Universal Docking Center-
(UDC)

Outside Shower
Black Tank Flush
Battery Disconnect
Cable/Satellite Connection

I think that dealer is clueless... or didn’t want a Sale???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet