cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping around Coeur d'alene Idaho

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations? Looking for either a NFS campground or boondock spots. The 1st week in Sept.
8 REPLIES 8

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey, we live in CDA! Maybe I can help somewhat. Unfortunately, our summer season has been HOT, smoky, and very crowded, so campgrounds are filled early.
Farragut State Park or Heyburn State Park is a place to start. Farragut has a dry camp area that is pretty good, and about 100 sites with W/E. Both parks are on the lake, bike riding, and hiking.
The Coeur d Alene River (exit 43 off I-90) has campgrounds and boondocking. The road is paved to most places. Check with the Coeur d Alene Natl Forest office.
Sam Owen CG on Lake Pend orielle (incorrect spelling) is good.
There are several nice forest service campgrounds outside of St. Maries, ID. and near the border of Montana/Idaho off I-90.
Check with the forest service and the state parks.
We are blessed with great places to get away.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Sam Owens NF CG last year right on Pend Oreille Lake very nice CG in a National Forrest. If your coming from the east Yak NF CG in Mt. is nice also. I enjoyed the NF more than the city of Coeur d'alene itself.

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
daireemt wrote:
Summer of 2016, we stayed at the county fairgrounds right in town. Water & electric for about $12 per night. Might be an option for you. We were the only ones there and was pretty quiet...considering. Weโ€™ve had a hard time finding any NFS campgrounds anywhere close to town.

That's the Spokane fairgrounds and thanks great idea. We actually took the dogs there to run when staying in the Super 8 per locals recommendations. We didn't see any campers so didn't know. Great idea again IF all you want to do is have a place to sleep which is our primary idea when visiting.

daireemt
Explorer
Explorer
Summer of 2016, we stayed at the county fairgrounds right in town. Water & electric for about $12 per night. Might be an option for you. We were the only ones there and was pretty quiet...considering. Weโ€™ve had a hard time finding any NFS campgrounds anywhere close to town.
Daireemt--"I thought it would take longer to get old."
Dear Wife of 37.5 years
2004.5 Chevy Duramax
2007 Jayco 28.5 RLS

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Keep the Spokane WA area in mind. That area is becoming one big metropolitan area. We live in Helena MT and are interested ourselves. We historically have just stayed at the Super 8 downtown for overnights.

If you are in that area, you must eat at the White House restaurant in Idaho Falls. Amazing food and you can smell the garlic a block away. Check out the wineries also. The Falls park in Spokane is worth an hour or so for sure.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
On searching I don't find any Coeur recommendations in this forum. Google maps shows Bell Bay CG. Don't know if that's personal enough.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Ramblin' Ralph wrote:
Go to http://uscampgrounds.info/ and put the town in the search box. You'll find several government campgrounds.

Yes but I wanted a little more personal input.

Ramblin__Ralph
Explorer
Explorer
Go to http://uscampgrounds.info/ and put the town in the search box. You'll find several government campgrounds.
Ralph
2006 GMC 2500HD, XCab, SB, 6.0L w/2001 Lance 845
Bilstein Shocks, TorkLift Stable Loads, 100 Ah LiFePo4, 225 watt solar
My RV Travels Webpage / Yearly Campsite Map / 740 Campsites / YouTube Videos /
Instagram