cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need to buy a toad

Tim_wilson
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a tow car for my class C. Around southern Illinoise or St.Louis region. Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Y-Guy
paulm wrote:
Whee is that list here on the forum of towables.

MotorHome Magazine Dinghy Towing Guides

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

paulm
Explorer
Explorer
Whee is that list here on the forum of towables.

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Many Ford products are towable - - Fiesta, Focus, Edge, C-Max, Fusion hybrid as well as the Lincoln MKZ hybrid.
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a '95 SideKick/Tracker.
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Y-Guy
Welcome back. Just as a reminder "You may not use the Open Roads Forum for "For Sale" or "Wanted" posts." Asking for guidance is fine. If you are looking for one for sale, CraigsList is a good place to start.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 2018 Manual transmission Kia Soul. At 2800 pounds, it's not that heavy and it's very roomy. All you need do is put it in neutral, turn the key to ACC and your good to go. You want to avoid the 2011 to 2014 Souls, as there is a fire issue with them, and a NHTSA recall will be coming. If you get a Soul, one thing to know is you won't see it approved for towing in the owners manual, but KIA put out a TSB saying it is fine as configured above.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
CRVโ€™s are extremely reliable, and make great toads. Note in 2014 or so Honda switches to CV transmissions so these are no longer flat towable.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
We picked up a MINOR hail damaged Chevrolet HHR that we have used for several years. It had about 8000 miles on it and as an Enterprise Rental, it was always maintained. It had hail damage that could not be seen unless you were right next to the vehicle but Enterprise pulled it from their fleet and sold it for less than 1/3 of the MSRP. It did come with a full warranty and a clean title.
If you are not that picky about a vehicle that is going to be dragged behind the RV, you might check with the rental companies and see if they have any vehicles that will meet your needs.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
As mentioned above Jeeps are good especially if off reading is in the cards. If he needs something to take him/them to town or to see some sights might consider a Chevy Sonic (manual or automatic), Chevy Spark (manual), of an older Chevy HHR (manual or automatic). Easy to hook up, easy to tow.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Tim_wilson
Explorer
Explorer
I am not new to RV.net... formerly:Cappycrap@gmail. Just I made a new account.Thanks (RV.net has been a wealth of information over the years... I hate that the web sight doesn`t have a re-registar for E-mail addy`s for long time members... I should still be a senior member).

Tim_wilson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks... just looking for my uncle. I pull a Nissan Frontier... The best there is with std Shift:)

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Jeeps are always popular, as are Suzuki Sidekicks, and Grand Vitaras.
BTW, there are no ads allowed here on the forum. So you will need to start looking at used car lots, and plades like Craigslist.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Jeeps are always popular, as are Suzuki Sidekicks, and Grand Vitaras.