cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AAA RV Premier said they won't tow dolly...

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
Disappointed in AAA. Last night while driving down Cabbage Hill, i84, Oregon near Pendleton, we had one of the dolly tires blow out. We have AAA Premier RV. Anyway, AAA says they won't tow the dolly to a tire shop. They say it's not covered.

So, maybe everyone knows this but it was a surprise to me.

Any recommendations on a similar service to AAA that doesn't have all the unreasonable details?
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat
8 REPLIES 8

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
And why do people post meaningless last sentences?
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
AAA gas always been the worst road service. Why do people bother with them waste of money.

Moisheh

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
The policy defines what's covered, and tow dollies are not on the list. Neither would be a car-trailer, but it would cover a motorcycle trailer or any other trailer carrying recreational equipment. I'm not sure that any of the other providers cover tow dollies either, but you auto insurance may offer a towing coverage option without restrictions.

Also, why not travel with a spare? I carried a spare 100% of the time I dollied.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
dons2346 wrote:
You had a tire blow out and they won't tow it? How are they going to tow it with a blown tire?

More importantly, WHY would they want to tow it? Either someone on the phone misunderstood or the OP wasn't clear on what he needed. Sounds like the CS rep doesn't know what a tow dolly is. Either way this post makes no sense....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
You had a tire blow out and they won't tow it? How are they going to tow it with a blown tire?

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. When I have towed a trailer with a vehicle on it they changed out a bad trailer tire OK. When I blew an engine they towed in both my vehicle and cargo trailer it was pulling. Doesn't compute that they would have a problem with a tow dolly. BTW, YOU should have carried a spare!
Currently Between RVs

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
A tow dolly tire is to easy to change to have to depend on anybody. I carry a spare, a lug wrench and a compressor for just such occasions.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What did your policy say was covered?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad