cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who makes a Quality B+ Mercedes Sprinter Coach?

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
There are a lot out there but how would you rate Quality and Customer Service for the following brands?

Winnebago

Thor

Coachman

Tiffin

Forest River

We are getting ready to purchase and want to get user / owner feed back. The Good Bad and Ugly.

Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
None of the above, all are built to a relatively low price point. For a quality house build, consider Coachhouse, but there will be compromises, because quality means not making some of the quality compromises the mass market demands for more living space.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
I wish that Leisure Vans had a larger dealer network. that is who I would have gone with. Winnebago is pretty much mass produced. I am not a big fan of them. A friend had a View and got rid of it in about a year.

luvlabs
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago is the only one one the list that builds B, B+ motorhomes. The rest of the manufactures you listed build Cs.

The best of the bunch is Leisure Travel Vans followed Winnebago. The rest are so-so.

You may think Tiffin's are good because of their Class A coaches, but the Wayfarer has a ways to go. Primarily it is plagued by being grossly overweight for a Sprinter. Very low OCCCs in every floorplan. May want to give them a few years to figure it out.
2017 Winnebago Navion 24V
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH (sold)
2012 Tiffin Allegro 32CA (traded)
2012 Honda Fit

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Edit: didn't read far enough, I see Ron has already chimed in....No one mentioned Phoenix Cruiser, they make a B+ on the Sprinter chassis that is pretty nice looking on the web site. Judging from the PC owners who talk up their MHs, PC makes a top of the line product.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the process of looking at the MB Sprinter ones as well. Another option that is fairly new to the market is the Ford Transit with the 3.2L Diesel option. Winnebago Fuse is one that I have seen. The OCCC on that one was 1324# which is better than both the Navion and the Tiffin.
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never owned a Sprinter either converted to an RV or plain jane, but having been responsible for the money end of a companies commercial fleet of heavy trucks I would shy away from anything badged Mercedes. Theyre totally proprietary on engine parts and about 90% of the time its off to a Mercedes uber expensive place for repairs or parts. We finally dumped all of our Mercedes powered equipment for that reason. I would suspect the medium or light duty Mercedes stuff to be the same.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

paddykernahan
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
Pleasure Way Industries

I will second that vote.

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
Sort of like asking if you like Chevy, Ford or Dodge. Each product line has a low end to a high end of these manufacturers. We looked at the Winnebago, Iwata and Forest River Class C's. We like the design concept of the Winnbago Navion, and the European interior design with rounded cabinets, etc. The Dynamax Iwata 3 was a nice unit too, but I could not justify the additional cost due to the interior upgrades over the Forest River Sunseeker 2400R that we purchased. I believe what you haveve to do, is go to a show, or a dealer that has a lot of various makers on the lot, look, touch, play with, drive and decide what kind of a hit your wallet can take if buying new. We have had our rig for 1 /2 years now and are very satisfied with it. Construction is sold, on the coach part. Frame and driveline, cockpit are all the same, regardless of whose brand you buy, so it is coach quality, storage space, carrying and tow capacity that become matters of importance.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
mkstn1400 wrote:
We just placed an order for a new Tiffin Wayferer. Nicely laid out and built with quality materials. It handled great... much better than the Winnebago even though they are both on the Mercedes Sprinter. Go figure.

Might want to check the OCCC on the unit. Sprinter RVs are very limited on that important item. If there is one on a lot near you, look inside the door or wherever they have the OCCC stated, and hopefully it isn't 900 lbs. We have a Winnebago unit with 1350 OCCC, which is tight for two and not good for 4. I suspect Tiffin has much in the way of upgraded items, which probably means more weight. Options add weight also, usually.

Good luck!

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ron... I like the Phoenix Cruiser units. I did not know that they had a Sprinter version.

JR

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
mkstn1400 wrote:
We just placed an order for a new Tiffin Wayferer. Nicely laid out and built with quality materials. It handled great... much better than the Winnebago even though they are both on the Mercedes Sprinter. Go figure.
I was going to suggest the Phoenix Cruiser 2350 Sprinter version but see I am too late.

PC's are scaled-down which makes them easier to drive and offer more payload. If you elect to get one without the slide-out like our Ford E350 version HERE, doing so saves big money and also increases the payload by roughly 500 pounds.

mkstn1400
Explorer
Explorer

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pleasure Way Industries

ronfisherman
Farmboy666 wrote:
Advanced RV

Not a B+/C motorhome.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD