cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rt 50- Gunnison to Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
How difficult is this drive? Are there any steep passes, I know it’s winding. We are pulling a heavy 37 ft fiver. Thank you for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
BTW; There are forest fires near the resurvour...resirvour...resavir... ??? lol
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
BarryG20 wrote:
HWy 50 between Gunnison and the park is not bad. There are a couple long grades but not high either, a few curvey twisties at the top or bottom of those couple grades but nothing significant. should be no problem

Agree. I was through there just a couple weeks ago, and it was not bad.

Black Canyon is awesome too!!

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you stay at the Nat'l Park CG. One of the loops has electric and sites big enough for anything. Some are pull-thru. There is a short, but steep climb up the road to the park.
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all so much, really appreciate the detailed help!

BarryG20
Explorer
Explorer
HWy 50 between Gunnison and the park is not bad. There are a couple long grades but not high either, a few curvey twisties at the top or bottom of those couple grades but nothing significant. should be no problem
2016 Jayco 28.5 RLTS

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
If you are in a hurry from SA.

Go to Santa Fe, take 285 to Saguache CO and take 114 to Gunnison and use 50 from there. Cochetopa pass on 114 is way easier than Monarch Pass on 50. 285 is boring but faster than 50, Bighorn Canyon is very curvy between Royal Gorge and Salida and traffic will pile behind you. It is very scenic ... for the passengers. As is Monarch Pass. I used both routes this summer but I was never in a hurry.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
xxx
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper