cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television Mounting

RVNewbie4now
Explorer
Explorer
OK, Here's my issue. I have 2018 KZ Sportsmen LE 291RKLE (upgraded tow vehicle since my last post, Thank you). It didn't come with a television however, there is an entertainment area where one is to go. I want to mount the TV in this area due to the fact that the right-sized TV with the "feet" attached will not fit (depth). I've tried 3 different stud finders and unable to locate any studs in the area, which is directly behind the shower. The mount I have comes with 2 1/2" lag bolts to mount it. Absent the location of studs, I will not try to use these for fear that I will go through to the shower. I called the dealer and was told that they believe there is a 3/4" backer behind the TV area for mounting and they are unsure of stud location. I have yet to receive a response to the same inquiry from the manufacturer. Does anyone here have a similar set-up and, if so, what type of mount did you use? The TV is very light and I'm contemplating using 1" large diameter screws with washers to get the job done. I have no intention of transporting with the TV mounted so road conditions shouldn't be an issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rick
7 REPLIES 7

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a plug or cable there for the tv? If so , remove it and look and feel for a stud. This is what I did after getting rid of the cabinet in the bedroom and replacing the old boat anchor with a flat screen.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
A small drill bit can be used for locating studs or backing plates. If you miss anything solid, a small dab of caulk can be used to fill the hole.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Often times you can feel the reinforced spot in the wall with light pressure from your hand.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I used one that had the "foot" extending out in front of the TV, so that when placed flush, the foot stuck out. A hacksaw worked fine for me, and I drilled two holes through the foot for mounting screws.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

RVNewbie4now
Explorer
Explorer
There is one in the bedroom. I asked the dealer about this and they said that since the spot is designated for the TV there is no mount sticker. Go figure, once the money exchanged hands....etc.
Thanks

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
contact the manufacturer customer service. They have build sheets and should be able to tell you. Do not depend on dealer, they just sell what they get.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
There is supposed to be a sticker there pointing to where the TV mount is to be installed.

If yours has none, they might forgotten to put it. In that case, go back to the dealer for a walk through to their new unit for you to know the location -- of for which you can do a template.