cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shurflo water pump

HHg_in_Austin
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced my water filter in my coach (Phaeton 40QBH). Ever since I replaced the filter, the pump no longer provides enough pressure to flush the toilets.....and I just get a dribble from the faucets. Any ideas ???
HHg in Austin
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40-QBH
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Toad
7 REPLIES 7

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Isn't it great when the fix is simple ?? :),,,,Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

HHg_in_Austin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who responded. FYI: There is an in-line water filter in front of the pump. It was absolutely full of โ€œstuffโ€.....mainly polyethylene shavings from the water tank !! Cleaned it out.....and I now have my pressure back.
HHg in Austin
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40-QBH
2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Toad

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
I had low water flow. I took it to my dealer and they cleaned the screens on my faucets. That didn't help. I made an appointment with the Oregon Winnebago factory. But before we departed Tucson I noticed a piece of plastic in my wet bay. I discovered that the piece of plastic was the handle for my winterization bypass valve. I replaced the handle and I discovered that the valve was nearly closed. I opened the valve and my water pressure was restored. I cancelled my appointment with Winnebago.

Safe travels. JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
Executive is right on the money....but if you take out filter and still have a problem, you might have an air lock and that is purged by turning on pump and opening low point drains for about 3 seconds. Happens to Entegras.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
1. Did you replace the filter with the exact replacement?
2. Did you turn off a valve to replace the filter?
3. Can you hear the pump operating?

Start with the easy stuff. Remove the filter and turn on the pump. Do you have sufficient pressure TO the filter assembly? Reinstall the filter and operate the pump again. Do you have sufficient pressure PAST the filter? Obviously your issue is located around the filter. Check also though, the filter AT the water pump. Sometimes debris gets loosened when you're messing with the water lines. My best practice is to remove all filters at the same time including the wire screens in the faucets and the wire screen in the valve where the water hose attaches. Everything gets cleaned together and you're good for another 6 months or so... Let us know how you make out....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

1995brave
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad water filter? Try without the filter if you can.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you put all of the valves in the right position? You may have left one valve on shore water, instead of water pump, and the pump is just recirculating water back to the tank and not developing enough pressure for normal operation.