cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Door window replacement

lemjim
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Damon Ultrasport with a broken door window,looking for place to get a new one, current one is insulated glass, outer pane is shattered, any help would be greatly appreciateD

Thanks. Jim
8 REPLIES 8

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
Jim you know depending on your comfort level with elect you could
go into that Walmart and buy some wire , fuse holder and some
elect clamps
Make up a temporary wire using the fuse at the end where you clamp
on to the battery positive the other clamp goes to your pump .
This is temp , only to get you through the night at Walmart .

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
jrclark wrote:
I have a 2003 Damon Ultrasport that developed condensation between the two panes of glass in the door. There are plenty of glass shops in my area, but none would even consider doing the work. The window was manufactured by Atwood, so I contacted them. They wanted an arm and a leg for the window and the other arm and leg for shipment. So, I contacted the RV Fog Doctor in Arkansas. They repaired the window at a very reasonable cost, plus I got an extra vacation in Arkansas. You may want to contact them to see if you can ship the window to them for repair.

X2. We loved the people plus they have hookups while you stay.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

lemjim
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like 5 replies is it, thanks to all who did reply with some good info.

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
Contact "Glass Enterprise" in Holland,MI. ask for Paul. I've had them do mine with excellent results. Excellent customer service and reasonable rates.
Blessings; Keith
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
I just took mine out and took it to the glass shop and they order or cut cause he stated it would be a couple day. I put it back in and no issues. glass is glass

In a passenger vehicle, I hope it's tempered (safety) glass (or alternately glass with a plastic safety coating applied). I think that's a DOT requirement. In a travel trailer or fifth wheel, where there is presumed to be no occupant while en route, ordinary glass is permitted at least in some states, but still not really a great idea in my opinion.

RV window sizes (including the windows in doors) are somewhat standardized, and there are a few companies that make windows that can often be more or less directly substituted for each other. If Atwood was expensive, maybe e.g. Hehr or one of their distributors would be more reasonable.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just took mine out and took it to the glass shop and they order or cut cause he stated it would be a couple day. I put it back in and no issues. glass is glass

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Damon Ultrasport that developed condensation between the two panes of glass in the door. There are plenty of glass shops in my area, but none would even consider doing the work. The window was manufactured by Atwood, so I contacted them. They wanted an arm and a leg for the window and the other arm and leg for shipment. So, I contacted the RV Fog Doctor in Arkansas. They repaired the window at a very reasonable cost, plus I got an extra vacation in Arkansas. You may want to contact them to see if you can ship the window to them for repair.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would guess almost any glass shop in your area could make a replacement altho I would first try the company that manufactured your door. There should be a label on the door somewhere, perhaps on the edge, that states who manufactured it.