cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Paint

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
I am wanting to do some clean up and touch up on the frame. I can pressure wash to get it nice and clean but what paint to use? My first thought is grab some Krylon in rattle cans and have at it. Just want to lay a little rust protection though in SoCal rust isn't a big concern. Is there a something else you guys have used in the Krylon price range that might cover better or hold out a little longer?
Thanks,
Steve
9 REPLIES 9

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
momentum rv wrote:
You might also check out Rustoleum "Rust Reformer" It seems to work well on my frame, rust or not.

Use rust reformer as a primer on any rust spots. Then top coat with the regular Rust-Oleum paint. This way the rust is neutralized and won't bubble up the new paint in a short time.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
You might also check out Rustoleum "Rust Reformer" It seems to work well on my frame, rust or not.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
It may be the same thing but I like Rustoleum Professional. I have never had it fail.
If you have a fair amount of rust then POR 15 works well.
Rust-oleum professional is the high performance enamel in the silver can.

SMarquez
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, the Rustoleum seems simple enough for what I want to do. Rust isn't terrible, some patches and a little peeling buy no pitting.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
It may be the same thing but I like Rustoleum Professional. I have never had it fail.
If you have a fair amount of rust then POR 15 works well.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
I normally use automotive paint for things. For my frame I used Rust-oleum high performance enamel. Seems to hold up decently. What I like about it is the high output tip 50 percent faster coverage. You can get it at most retailers, I purchased mine at Wallyworld. It's in a silver can the regular enamel is in a white can.

2X

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Fluid Film
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I normally use automotive paint for things. For my frame I used Rust-oleum high performance enamel. Seems to hold up decently. What I like about it is the high output tip 50 percent faster coverage. You can get it at most retailers, I purchased mine at Wallyworld. It's in a silver can the regular enamel is in a white can.