cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

are we welcome ?

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
getting ready to make our semi annual trip north and keep reading about boycotts and strikes against us people and products,just wondering if this advisable time to visit or not.
55 REPLIES 55

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
The sad thing is that the tariffs just end up costing consumers on both sides of the border more money at the end of the day. But some people can't seem to see that....... :R

We have stayed in Canada this year for our vacations and have noticed a lot of American plates which is good to see. Most of our friends and family members are avoiding going to the US right now, mostly due to the low value of the Canadian dollar, but also somewhat out of principle.

But to answer OP's question, yes you are welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Bear spray. Is legit here and to cross the border with. Must be marked on the can For Bear protection or as a animal deterrent. If you say itโ€™s for your own protection it becomes a weapon and is then not legal and will be confiscated. Like a baseball bat could become a weapon.
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Bear-y pie, perhaps??

Oh yeah...good one!!

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bear-y pie, perhaps??
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
I don't worry about bears. I carry a legal-size Temporary Restraining Order -- when I whip it out, the bears will fall down laughing and I will run away.

So far, so good!

If you want to worry about something in Canada, watch out for the FTCNs. Those are the Friendly Talkative Campground Neighbors. They can eat up an hour of your life, easy as pie. Tragic.

But...what kind of pie?

Gary

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't worry about bears. I carry a legal-size Temporary Restraining Order -- when I whip it out, the bears will fall down laughing and I will run away.

So far, so good!

If you want to worry about something in Canada, watch out for the FTCNs. Those are the Friendly Talkative Campground Neighbors. They can eat up an hour of your life, easy as pie. Tragic.
About our trailer

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
explorenorth wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
As an instructor told us during a survival course for downed pilots, โ€œif a bear gets close enough that you could use bear spray, you may as well just tell him he has bad breath, itโ€™s about as likely to discourage him.โ€.

And yet all the studies done say that spray is very effective. More than firearms because it doesn't need to be as accurate to be effective.

Having used bear spray 2 years ago to stop what the Conservation Officer that I reported it to said was definitely "a predatory attack" by a black bear, I can assure you that it does work.

Most studies are based on โ€˜perfect worldโ€™ situations, in the real world, heart racing, adrenaline pumping, etc., etc., youโ€™re as likely to miss, spray yourself, spray upwind, forget to unlock it, etc, as not.

Things like raising your voice and shouting at it, blowing a whistle or air horn or waving your hands wonโ€™t put you at risk of being incapacitated like a blast of self-inflicted bear spray does.

Most studies are based on actual bear encounters but people are going to do what they are going to do.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
explorenorth wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
JaxDad wrote:
As an instructor told us during a survival course for downed pilots, โ€œif a bear gets close enough that you could use bear spray, you may as well just tell him he has bad breath, itโ€™s about as likely to discourage him.โ€.

And yet all the studies done say that spray is very effective. More than firearms because it doesn't need to be as accurate to be effective.

Having used bear spray 2 years ago to stop what the Conservation Officer that I reported it to said was definitely "a predatory attack" by a black bear, I can assure you that it does work.

Most studies are based on โ€˜perfect worldโ€™ situations, in the real world, heart racing, adrenaline pumping, etc., etc., youโ€™re as likely to miss, spray yourself, spray upwind, forget to unlock it, etc, as not.

Things like raising your voice and shouting at it, blowing a whistle or air horn or waving your hands wonโ€™t put you at risk of being incapacitated like a blast of self-inflicted bear spray does.

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for all the responses will head that way as usual in september .i guess i better stop and buy some trump stickers,shirts and hats just to liven up the trip

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
Your almost ordered bumper stickers...they are bi-lingual...right?

"Ne me blรขmez pas - Je n'aime pas le tarif"

Gary Haupt

Thought they needed to be English and Mandarin on the island......

๐Ÿ™‚
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
Your almost ordered bumper stickers...they are bi-lingual...right?

"Ne me blรขmez pas - Je n'aime pas le tarif"

Gary Haupt

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what you are saying is that when we go to Vancouver Island this September (sporting California plates on the truck and the trailer), I really don't need bumper stickers that say "Don't Blame Me -- I Don't Like The Tariffs?"

I will cancel the order for the custom bumper stickers!!
About our trailer

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
gmckenzie wrote:
colliehauler wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
Ductape wrote:
I've been warning our neighbors up here to build the fence. Build it now. :B

We are waiting for you to pay for it. :B

But paying us to build it..right? Least get it done right.

Gary Haupt
With Canada we would use the WKRP Les Nessman approached, thousands of rolls of masking tape.

Masking tape???

Duct tape or nothing

sheesh.
Will Red Green ever forgive me, what was I thinking eh.

gmckenzie
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
Ductape wrote:
I've been warning our neighbors up here to build the fence. Build it now. :B

We are waiting for you to pay for it. :B

But paying us to build it..right? Least get it done right.

Gary Haupt
With Canada we would use the WKRP Les Nessman approached, thousands of rolls of masking tape.

Masking tape???

Duct tape or nothing

sheesh.
2015 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB Max Trailer
2010 Cougar 30RKS