cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My KZ Sportsmen Classic 200 Mods.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Please excuse the dirt inside and out it has been raining alot where we are and have not had a chance to clean.

The tricked out mods started about 4 years ago and has been a work in progress.

Didn't like the industrial look of the hubs so this was my solution.

Never make the mistake of thinking you know everything about something. ๐Ÿ˜›
14 REPLIES 14

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
TV mount. Had a mount specifically for rv's but it was not good and failed after just a couple of years. Wanted it to tilt and swivel so we could watch in bed or in the main area. It needed to swing out past the cabinets. It is highly adjustable and locks in place with a heavy duty velcro strap.

Bed view

Main area view

The mount

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Bamboo cutting board we no longer used so I put it to good use.

Had to do some fancy cuts on the vertical supports for the radius of the stove top.
Covers the stove top, is decorative and adds another usable counter space. ๐Ÿ˜„

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Got tired of not knowing my battery level and having the CO/gas detector going off at odd hours because of low voltage. I know I may get flamed.

I put a meter so I always know what the battery level/voltage is and mounted a lighted rocker switch to shut off the detector when necessary.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
The 8000 btu AC that was in there sounded like a freight train and didn't really cool that well.

So I (my son for muscle) replaced it with a much, much quieter 5000 btu one from Frigidaire. It does just as good a job...if not better when on low vs the other on high. :Z

Behind it the exhaust was just passive so I remedied that but putting a 12v 120mm Noctua fan in the upward exhaust vent. I turn it on on with a lighted rocker switch. You can see the switch in the lower right corner.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
RollandB wrote:
Some really nice mods. One thing is certain, once the Mod Bug strikes, better watch out....??

Thank you. The bug started a long time ago...with everything in my life. But must say I have had a lot of fun with the TT.

I have a lot more to show...stay tuned.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
Some really nice mods. One thing is certain, once the Mod Bug strikes, better watch out....??
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Sink mounted soap dispenser and drinking water spigot water with under sink canister filter.

.5 micron carbon block filter under the sink set up for easy removal.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Got tired of so much falling out of the medicine cabinet.

I used 5/16" drill bit to drill a hole on each side of the cabinet and an acrylic curtain rod as a bar stop across the middle. To keep the rod in place I used 1 small o-ring ring on each end.

Now for the toothbrushes, razors ect. used the drill bit and treated it like a dremel to create some slots after doing that cleaned them up withs a file or 2 and created something like t notches.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Norcold Fridge mods. Have had times when the fridge just didn't keep up.
Now it runs icy even in the high 90's. Running 3 fans total.

Outside are 2 temperature sensitive 100mm speed adjustable fans.The hotter it gets the faster the run. All fans were bought for longevity and being quite.

One in the bottom pulling air in.

One in the top pulling air out.

One 80mm noctua fan inside the fridge with an LED light soldering on.

And all 3 are turned on and off with a lighted rocker switch on the front of the fridge. The blue LED is bright at night so I put a tiny piece of electrical tape over half the LED...just enough light to see that it's on or not.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Some parasitic drain was always draining the battery after a month or so. Decided to mount a kill switch to the battery housing.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Good work! I'm with you on the silicone INSIDE ONLY, for keeping water out where you don't want it. I put it all around in the bathroom and kitchen.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted underneath the camper spaced about 6' apart I built some vinyl boxes and put marine grade coaxial speakers in them. Ran the wires along the inside of the cabinet then down one corner on the inside of the camper and concealed them with a sticky backed pvc channel. From there the wires went into the seat storage area and out through sealed grommets in the wheel well and then to the speakers.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Water stains everywhere so I improvised and made some simple gutters and gutter extensions from siding J channel and heated and shaped pvc tube for the gutter drip extensions.

Loosened the screws and notched the J channel where the screws where then slide it up and under the roof line then just re-tighten the screws. Worked like a charm.

Similar for the AC. Water just ran down the side of the camper and was constantly staining...not anymore.

Cut, shaped and molded some J channel then secured it with some dycor. Bada bing- bada boom. ๐Ÿ˜„

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
I used matching silicone everywhere needed. Along all the floor edges, everywhere in the bathroom even under the corner edges. From shower run off to the grandson coming in dripping wet. No water getting in where I don't want it. Sorry not a good photo. Geez... the high rez pics really show the sand. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ