cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just Finished Cockpit Electric Day/Night Blind install.

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished a two weekend job; installing electric blinds in the cockpit of our Monaco Vesta. The front day shade was already electric with a stock rocker switch to operate it.

Background:
I needed new Day/night shades for the passenger and driver window. I found two sets of MCD day/night manual shades on ebay for $85. Right size and color. I ordered them. When they arrived, it turns out they were electric Automotion day/night shades. They were very nice blinds for $85. So I figured I would install electric day/night blinds on the passenger and driver's windows.

The install:
Mechanical: Kind of a pain as the area above the driver and passenger has lots of metal structure. However, once installed, they aren't going anywhere. They are thru bolted into the aluminum framing found in that area.

The electrical:
We are real happy with how this turned out. I did not want to add 4 more rocker switches for the new blinds. So I installed a rotary selector switch next to the Vesta's stock blind switch (for the front day shade.. Then wired it so, using the rotary switch,you select which blind to operate and use stock blind rocker switches move it up and down.

All in all pretty happy with how it turned out. Looks and functionality is nice. Although it did take two weekends..
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
2 REPLIES 2

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Nice! Any pictures?

I will get a few tomorrow...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach