cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Hookup in Fifth Wheel

mcschulze
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Jayco 5th Wheel. I have three hookups outside: Sat 1, Cable, Sat 2/Aux. Hughes Net used the Sat 2/Aux to hook up Internet for me to teach online classes. I have tried everything to hookup the Winegard Pathway X1 with Wally through Sat 1. It would not work with short or long coax cable. We were able to set it up only when cable was directly plugged into the Wally. This cannot work permanently as it would require a hole in a window or wall to bring the cable inside. For some reason, on the inside, we only have 1 satellite and 1 cable hookup. Any ideas on how to get the Wally to work without losing Internet or having to bring the coax cable in through a wall or window? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Understanding you need for a good reliable connection for business or educational purposes. In most cases, the best solution is a direct connection from the dish to the Wally receiver. drilling a hole through a wall or floor is not a big thing, all it takes is a 3/8 inch drill. It you do go through a wall that is visible from the outside, there are several types of external wall plates available that can be weather seal with just a bit of goop or calking. If you can drill through into a basement storage area, that is even better. If you can access into a storage area, then you can attach a new coax to the receiver, then directly to the satellite dish with only one continous length of coax, and no additional connectors in between. When not needed, just roll and store the cable in the storage area. This would allow the best possible connections and signal.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Some RVโ€™s coax wiring runs thru splitters before going to the interior access points. The automatic antennas have a problem with that. Only solutions I have ever seen posted is to locate and eliminate the associated splitter, or run a new coax cable from a new outside connector to the sat receiver.

There have also been numerous posting about poor coax connectors having to be replaced.