Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Going RV TV Show

MACHZER
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
Is there anywhere to stream, download, or purchase DVD the GAC tv show GOING RV. looking for all 7 seasons.
PS channel not available over my sat provider

Thanks
Clandeboye , Manitoba
26 REPLIES 26

mrjmrobertson
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
I don't find it very interesting myself. People discussing irrelevant stuff like will two fit in the shower and what color is the dinette. Last time I watched, the guy was upset because the fridge was stainless and the stove wasn't. Seldom if ever do they mention anything that an actual RV buyer would be concerned with, like tank sizes, weights, and whether the behemoth (because they all are) will fit anywhere but a high end RV resort.

Or how accessible the bathroom and refrigerator are with the slides in or the dump valves with the slides out...

How about the guys that always have to climb inside the storage compartment!
2013 Ford F-250 6.7 4wd
2015 Outback 312BH

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I don't find it very interesting myself. People discussing irrelevant stuff like will two fit in the shower and what color is the dinette. Last time I watched, the guy was upset because the fridge was stainless and the stove wasn't. Seldom if ever do they mention anything that an actual RV buyer would be concerned with, like tank sizes, weights, and whether the behemoth (because they all are) will fit anywhere but a high end RV resort.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
We watch this show just to mock the fakeness. Eye roll worthy at best. We just bought a new camper last Saturday. Every unit we looked at, my husband would suggest we both get in the shower like on the show, and then asked where his clothes would go because I obviously would claim the whole closet. Oh and let's fold down every spare bed. No California king? Deal breaker. And we have to say "that's fantastic" like a thousand times. He's lucky I didn't slap him!

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
This was discussed in another forum with a poster that was actually involved in an episode. In the episode he was involved with the buyer actually did buy the unit ... a year earlier. They brought him back and created the show with the unit he had bought. The buyer had to sign several documents that basically stated he could not sue or in anyway disagree with the scripted statements he was required to say even though they were not necessarily true or factual.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are one of maybe 4 couples in Bermuda who own RVs. Of course there are NO RVs in Bermuda. Not even little pop ups. Bermudians generally have no clue what RVing is all about. They gulp TV shows like this down as if it is the gospel truth. They think everyone drives around in a 45' tag axle Motorhome. I can't count the number of times I have explained to friends what a 5er is & what the reality of RVing really is, i.e. the vast majority of us travel around with a towable of some sort or a class C of some variation.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
tracyb-oh wrote:
I was watching one where the man wanted outdoor speakers. They showed him a really nice unit but no outside speakers was the deal breaker. I thought really dude? That is the deal breaker?

Its a HIGHLY SCRIPTED STUPID "made for TV reality" show..

The lines and outcome are written BEFORE the show is even recorded, with FAKE "buyers" cast for each show, the "results" are already known, it is 100% MADE UP with lots of video takes hitting the cutting room floor..

IT IS A INFOMERCIAL FOR THE RV INDUSTRY and nothing more..

And yet folks continue to watch this pretend trash thinking it is "real"..

The lines of "reality" have been blurred for so long that folks think the junk put on TV is actually real..

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
I was watching one where the man wanted outdoor speakers. They showed him a really nice unit but no outside speakers was the deal breaker. I thought really dude? That is the deal breaker?
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
This has been a most interesting thread!
Wife and I watch it a lot, and laugh and yell at the same time....we just like to see what other rigs offer. I really can't believe those folks pay MSRP!

Don't you just love some of the salesfolk....they just stand there most of the time...and it's amazing how the nubbies know how the beds and dinettes work. I like the idea of a follow-up series.

We had distant relatives that were on House Hunters...they had already bought their house and the other 2 houses were just shown to make the show look somewhat realistic.

It's all light entertainment.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
MACHZER wrote:
Thanks for the responses, I just like looking at the rigs and it really is funny at times!

Yeah, I'm the same way....enjoy looking at the MH. A guy who works for me was on House Hunters a few years back, and that show was highly scripted. I'm sure Going RV is the same way.

Al

MACHZER
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses, I just like looking at the rigs and it really is funny at times!
Clandeboye , Manitoba

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it is really somewhat of a joke!
Many lines spoken by "actors" are the same in each program.
"actors" do not seem to have much choices of rigs.
It has some good points of what not to do!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
I watch it when I catch it.

Who goes to buy and RV, is shown 3 of them and then must choose between the 3?

Have you tried Kodi?
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Great replies.
1. Who pays MSRP?
2. Who cares how comfortable the bed is? That mattress is gone fast.
3. If the buyers say an rv with bunks is a must, why are they shown one without bunks?
4. Buyers want a driveable and they are willing to look at a fifth wheel?
5. You want an rv that sleeps 6, has a spacious bathroom, lots of countertop space, big frig and plenty of storage for less than $35,000?

I find the program amusing as mentioned by others. As an rvโ€™er for the past 14 years I see why so many people have buyers remorse. They like the idea of an rv but clearly do not understand the steep slope for the learning curve. Itโ€™s a rare buyer on GoRV that is knowledgeable, but then they would not be shown models that donโ€™t fit their desires. Yes I still watch it on occasion.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gdetrailer wrote:
Yawn..

Yet another HIGHLY SCRIPTED "made for TV", NON REALITY show.. Yuck.

The junk people are willing to watch now days just amazes me..

Just can't believe the amount of electrons killed for the sake of watching crummy commercials for the RV association.. It is a "INFOMERCIAL" and nothing more than that.

Brought to you by these FOLKS.. There is more one sided information to read in that link and the articles linked to it than you'll find anywhere. The RVIA is the fine folks who have a lot to do with that oval shaped sticker confirming how all the electrical and mechanical systems in your RV were installed with care and precision, and maybe even inspected to boot LOL. Then smoke comes from the outlets and half the plumbing fittings start leaking.

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?