cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential tankless water heater

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I just discovered that several companies make an OUTDOOR residential water heater. Not the cleanest looking thing hanging out the back of your TT or 5er, but you will have tons of hot water !

Has anyone installed one on their RV ?
7 REPLIES 7

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I might consider a hybrid for home use, but I'll stick with the tried and true 6 or 10 gallon gas/electric water heater for my RV.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
seaeagle2 wrote:
If you're talking about a tankless residential water heater, they require 110V, (no biggie), they are 199,000 btu, so usually requiring upsizing a residential gas line to 1", I'm not sure how long a RV sized propane tank could supply enough propane for 199m BTU.

Rheem make a couple of different models. They do require 120V AC for ignition, but the installation guide says only 1/2" gas pipe is required (the one I linked is 160,000 BTU).

Shipping weight is 54 lbs. There is quite a bit of plumbing (hot and cold water, gas, electric, PT valve outlet, etc.) below so I would want some kind of cover for all of that.

fncampn
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe something like this?

Camplux 10L Outdoor 2.64GPM Digital Display Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater

I plan on getting this model and plumbing it in to the low point drain port then bypassing the main water heater. Should be a good mod experiment!
2017 Ford F250 XLT CCLB 4x4 3.73 6.2 Auto
2018 Rockwood Signature Ultralight 8324BH
Reese SteadyFlex weight distributing hitch - 1,400/14000

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
If you're talking about a tankless residential water heater, they require 110V, (no biggie), they are 199,000 btu, so usually requiring upsizing a residential gas line to 1", I'm not sure how long a RV sized propane tank could supply enough propane for 199m BTU.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We have a friend with one at their house (propane). I don't know what brand it is but it works fantastic at all flow levels.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
A link would help. Never heard of it.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They're rather huge, many require 240 and probably not good for vibration.