cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Overwinter Storage in Anchorage??

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Up here at the moment for the second time having driven up from Dallas TX where we left the MH after the previous trip.
Plan was to drive back down south and leave the rig stored in the desert as we have always done.
Occured to me that storing it under a foot or two of snow might not actually be any more neglectful than sitting it out in the deserts.

Any serious ramifications that anyone can advise me on please.

Winterising is not a problem because I always do it anyway, (but might go the extra yard or two and use antifreeze instead of just air) but anything else?

Guess mice and packrats might be less of a problem here too
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map
6 REPLIES 6

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
These guys are just down the road from the airport and have storage available.

http://agensauto.com/
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
Big Lake isn't that far from Los Anchorage: these guys might be an option for transit: http://www.valleytransitak.org/ride-the-bus/
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for those suggestions.

The one at big lake sounds OK and they have uncovered outdoor options as well.

Just have to figure out how to get to and from the airport.
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

akguy
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on McGhan Storage. Great folk and a pleasure to deal with.

akrv
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another option fairgrounds
2005 Coachmen Concord 275DS
2004 Malibu Maxx LT

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only good covered storage I know of in the Anchorage area is McGhan Storage Services out at Big Lake, Alaska which is about 50 miles north of Anchorage. I've used them before.

They have up to 50' long covered stall. If I remember correctly the roof is rated for 80# per sq ft.

In the large covered storage area, they don't plow it during the winter, when you've parked your rig and it snows, it's then there for the winter. While the area is fenced and gated, the lack of snow plowing is also a good safety feature because thieves are lazy.

McGhan Storage Services

I would call them soon, they may not have any spaces left for the winter.

As I side note, I store my TT in my back yard in Anchorage as the snow hasn't been deep enough to worry about the last couple of years. Three feet of snow isn't going to hurt it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.