cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad Set Up

rbadger28
Explorer
Explorer
Recently purchased gas motorhome with 5k pound towing capacity.

Shopping for Honda CRV now.

Question to this group is regarding a recommnedation for tow set up to purchase to pull the CRV, and where you suggest buying?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, If you go with Roadmaster, their facilities are in Vancouver, WA (across the river from Portland, OR)-- just a few miles north of you.

LewTeam
Explorer
Explorer
Ava, your point is well taken. For what it's worth, not just for you, but for everyone that considers using Honda CRVs for towed vehicles, it is my understanding that there were a few 2014s that were actually outfitted with CVT transmissions and could not be flat-towed. So, if I found the perfect CRV and it happened to be a 2014, I would not assume that it absolutely could be flat-towed. I would make sure a mechanic familiar with Honda CRVs confirmed whether it had a CVT or not. By the way, I am in the process right now of outfitting a beautiful little silver 2006 CRV to share in our adventures in the years ahead. Good luck to everyone.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
My 03 CRV (automatic) tows great. My rig came with a Roadmaster tow bar so I went with Roadmaster baseplate, Invisibrake and wiring kit. As said above 2014 is the last year you can tow a CRV four wheels down.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a Honda CRV that CAN be towed four down. My buddy did so and he used Blue Ox equipment for towing. He was extremely pleased with the setup.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We had 2 CR-V's and used Roadmaster All Terrains. In fact I've used the same tow bar from '03 to '18 with no issues including towing a truck with a motorcycle in the back.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Y-Guy
What year CRV? The CVT transmissions will mean you need a tow dolly, not towing 4 down.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon