cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our 2008 34 TSA Cedar Creek axels? To light?

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sticker says 14.050 gvw yet has 6000lb axels?? 2650 lb CCC.

"G" rated 110 psi 235-85-16 tires are an inch apart and are separating before their time.
Getting bowed/rounded and then rubbing each other. Who's the genius that put this combination together?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
11 REPLIES 11

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
ivbinconned wrote:
We bought this trailer 2 years ago and I had the allighnment checked right away. Previous owner had just put new axels under it and new tires. 235-85-16 as called for on sticker.
My dry weight on axels is just over 10,000.00
So I don't think I'm over weight on axels or tires and yet seem to be having a tire issue every 4to 5000 miles. Makes me nervous.
The problem with going to an 80 sized tire I don't think they are available in a "G" ratting.

New axles already w/ a 10 year old unit?Problems every 4-5000 miles? IMO, you def have other issues going on.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I didn't have much choice when I recently had a tire failure and did put on a "Hercules H-901
LT with 14 PR. Shop impressed me with the much stiffer side wall compared to what I had.

Gary that Sailun tire looks like a good choice. Are they a US made tire?

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with going to an 80 sized tire I don't think they are available in a "G" ratting.

Provider ST235/80-16 E 3520 lbs capacity and 30.8" tall and have a 81 mpg speed rating.
These tires hit the streets in the '10/'11 era on commercial trailers and are slowly working their way into the rv world as oem.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
https://simpletire.com/sailun-235-80r16-5541960-tires

The GY Edurance will give you 800 over your axle rating.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/goodyear-endurance/p/32645

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
We bought this trailer 2 years ago and I had the allighnment checked right away. Previous owner had just put new axels under it and new tires. 235-85-16 as called for on sticker.
My dry weight on axels is just over 10,000.00
So I don't think I'm over weight on axels or tires and yet seem to be having a tire issue every 4to 5000 miles. Makes me nervous.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
ivbinconned wrote:
I did new springs etc including new equalizer even though probably not nesesary. One leaf over original.
The tires are exactly what's called for on trailer sticker. 3750 lb caring capacity.
They are not wearing out on the tread. The tires expand to a bigger circumference.
The trailer sticker calls for 110 lbs psi as does the tire. I run them at 105.

Your tires have more carrying capacity than your axles. Your axles are rated to 6K your tires can carry 2*3750 or 7500#. While you gain more margin you maybe overinflated for your actual weight. Have you weighed your trailer?
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would get 80's instead of 85's next time, and would go to a Cat scale to see whats on the trailer axles before I went to 7k axles. I agree they should have been 7k from the factory.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did new springs etc including new equalizer even though probably not nesesary. One leaf over original.
The tires are exactly what's called for on trailer sticker. 3750 lb caring capacity.
They are not wearing out on the tread. The tires expand to a bigger circumference.
The trailer sticker calls for 110 lbs psi as does the tire. I run them at 105.

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lower your air pressure to 80 psi where they should be for 3000 lb tires. To high pressure makes the tires wear excessively in the center.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
GVWR minus pin weight is all the axles need to carry. Do the math.
As far as tires? Habe the axles aligned if your getting uneven wear. What tire preasure are you running? What are your actual weights?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
14K GVWR and has at least a 2000# pin weight

That leaves 12K on axles.....Two 6k axles......marginal YES

2008 Year Model....standard fair

Have you taken the time/effort to go get ACTUAL weight...truck, truck/trailer
$12 at a CAT Scale and you get real world weights

More then likely you need new leaf springs/bushing because those will be marginal also
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31