cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starcraft, Jayco, Coleman, Viking....Other

D2Forever
Explorer
Explorer
So give me the good, the bad the ugly. If you’ve read our prior posts, you know our TV is an Explorer. No we can’t change our TV. Yes, we are ok with our limitations. So we are down to a BH or a 2 bed hybrid. Based on our light side limitation, what manufacturer do you recommend/prefer...?
8 REPLIES 8

01tundra
Explorer
Explorer
Still loving our Jayco Hummingbird 17RK after two years of ownership.
2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2017 GMC 2500HD Denali Duramax

D2Forever
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you sound guy. Being new to the forum I had not seen the small TT section previously, which seems more appropriate to my need.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
D2Forever wrote:
Thanks all - we have had a 2016 StarCraft 187tb hybrid with 3 tent beds come available in our market - any experience with this?

As I explained in your other thread this trailer is too heavy for your Explorer. :R Better to keep your discussion restricted to just one rather than spread it over multiple posts in multiple forums, makes it easier for others to follow progression of the discussion and offer meaningful advice. 🙂
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have a Viking 17RD. We don't need big &/or fancy. We like the full time queen bed and my wife loves the number and size of the windows. The fridge is big enough for the two of us to keep a weeks worth of food. The trailer has enough storage for us to haul the "stuff" that my wife thinks she needs. So far the TT seems well built and very functional for us.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Go to this link, punch in your zip code and you'll get an idea of what it's worth.

https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2016/Starcraft/M-187TB-Expandable/6555271/Zip

D2Forever
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all - we have had a 2016 StarCraft 187tb hybrid with 3 tent beds come available in our market - any experience with this?

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the KZ Sportsmen Classic 180bh. I upgraded to the 6 cubit ft. refrigerator and also the larger a.c. unit. Even with the upgrades, the dry weight was only 2700lbs. I tow with my Kia Sedona minivan. My maximum tow weight is 3500.

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Out of those 4 I would look at a Jayco. I've owned 2 Jayco TT's and both were great. Jayco used to own Starcraft and now they are both owned by Thor. Jayco has a 2 year warranty. Have you looked at preowned units? Could save you from the 1st year depreciation hit.