cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon smoke updates please

samuraitowd
Explorer
Explorer
3 weeks of smoke in Reno is enough. Thinking of heading north for a couple days for fresh air. How's the smoke today around Bend, Klamath, Eugen and coast?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick n Andi

Rexhall American Clipper 29': 2005
Suzuki Samurai; 1994
Jeep Wrangler 2005
10 REPLIES 10

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've found this website very helpful.
https://tools.airfire.org/airtools/v1/pnw-smoke.html?lat=44.0&lng=-118.2&zoom=6

Click on the upper right icon and select "HMS smoke plumes" for near real time graphics.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
with 90 plus for the next week in pdx the coast will remain full.

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Coast will be fine. Valley is OK. Rest of the state will likely have smoke. Its really hot in central/eastern parts of the state now.
I would head toward Brookings for mild weather.

Best have reservations at the Coast! Most parks State and private are booked full!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
In Portland I just opened up the house (3am) to cool off - definite smell of smoke this morning. Seems like a repeat of last year. 20 years ago I would just load up the rig and go to the Coast - but you have to plan a year in advance to do that these days.
Kevin

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I have an app on my phone for AQI. Breezo Meter. It has a map that shows the worst areas in red. It's amazing how bad it is all over the country and other parts of the world.

Cider
Explorer
Explorer
I live 20 miles NE of Bend and yes, there is smoke. The good news is that it is not real bad, just sort of a good haze lying over Central Oregon. There are currently fires in the Rogue Rove, Grants Pass area, a fire up north in Dufar, along I 84, and there was a small fire east of us in Prineville. Truth is, you are not going to get away from the smoke as it is everywhere. My brother in law lives south of Salt Lake City and he says even though there are no fires in the area, smoke from the west coast tis really bad there. If you are looking at leaving where you are, the better question is where is the least amount of smoke. Also, it was 103 degrees here yesterday but temps are supposed to drop to the low 90's today on.
2017 Tiffin Allegro RED 33 AA
2020 JLUR
Roadmaster Baseplate
Sterling AT Tow Bar
Demco Air Force One Brake System

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Seattle a light wind from the north has kept smoke (from the south) aloft.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
OR smoke info

Weather sites by city should also have info.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Coast will be fine. Valley is OK. Rest of the state will likely have smoke. Its really hot in central/eastern parts of the state now.
I would head toward Brookings for mild weather.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure of Eastern Oregon, but eastern Washington is smoked in.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker