cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellowstone

boss302
Explorer
Explorer
We are coming up I15 from Las Vegas with a 36' motorhome towing. We want to stay somewhere near Yellowstone. Does anyone know of a campground that has full hook ups that does not cost a arm and a leg to stay in. Will consider staying in Idaho and driving to Jackson Wy and taking a tour from there. Want to stay a week and I see most parks have dump stations. Thanks for your help.
14 REPLIES 14

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stay at Grizzly when visiting Yellowstone. Convenient to the park and within walking distance to town for restaurants, shopping and groceries. There's also an excellent discovery center within walking distance. They change out the bears hourly so they're always active. Great for the kids, but as adults we enjoyed it too....Yellowstone, like Disneyland isn't someplace where you want to go cheap. Just won't happen. Once in a lifetime jaunt, kick back and enjoy yourself. We love that area and have been back several times. Lots to see and do. Just when you think you've seen everything, you find something you missed...I've devoted a few pages on our blog to Grizzly and Yellowstone......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check and make sure that there are no fire problems. With the current dry conditions, fires can cause a problem at any time. On one trip, a few years ago, we had planned to go south in to the Great Tetons and had to change our plans because the smoke was so thick we couldn't even see the mountains.
Here is the link to current conditions at Yellowstone.
Yellowstone conditions

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Henry's Lake for 4 days, just took day trips into Yellowstone. Then on through to Cody, Wyoming for a few days.

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Grizzly RV park. Great place to stay.
FMCA member

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fishing Bridge Campground will be closed for a total rebuild for the entire 2019 camping year. Just so you know.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Henry's lake state park, Idaho. 15 miles west of Yellowstone's west gate.$20-$31 per night
Henry's Lake State Park, Google Maps.
Beautiful setting. Looks out west across the lake at the mountains.
Web site for reservations.
Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Fishing Bridge RV Campground for Yellowstone and Colter Bay for Grand Teton. Both have full hookups.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone earlier this summer. Not the cheapest place we’ve stayed, but not the most expensive either...nice place and convenient to the park.
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
You might look at Flagg Ranch Campground, between Teton and Yellowstone. Convenient to both parks. Can't personally rate it as it has been many years since we were there, and we stayed in a cabin that time.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stay at Buffalo Crossing in West Yellowstone. Not as expensive as others in area.
Buffalo Crossing

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
boss302 wrote:
We are coming up I15 from Las Vegas with a 36' motorhome towing. We want to stay somewhere near Yellowstone. Does anyone know of a campground that has full hook ups that does not cost a arm and a leg to stay in. Will consider staying in Idaho and driving to Jackson Wy and taking a tour from there. Want to stay a week and I see most parks have dump stations. Thanks for your help.

There's a full service campground, right inside Yellowstone and not all that bad for price and considering that you're right there.
We came in from Vegas, as well with just touching the SE corner of Idaho.
After parking at a friends house in Jackson, we proceeded to Grand Teton NP and whereas, there's a full service campground inside that park, as well. Again, Gov. parks of any sort, are usually reasonably priced and especially if it's National and you have a senior card.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
here are several .

https://www.google.com/search?q=campgrounds+near+yellowstone+national+park&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd suggest going to the RV parks forum and searching 'yellowstone'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman