cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heber City, UT 189 to I15

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Is Scenic Road 189 from Heber City to I15 a good RV road? Thanks for any and all info. Betsy.
Betsy
6 REPLIES 6

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
All good info. Thanks so much.
Betsy

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
A better route, in our opinion, would be to stay on 89 all the way south... a pretty drive off the interstate. If you want to cross to I-15 farther south then Hwy 20 is the place to do it. Don't drive Hwy 14 farther south. You won't like it!

You could also continue on 89 to Hwy 9 into Zion Nat'l Park or a litter farther at Kanab, UT/Fredonia, AZ (visit the North Rim of Grand Canyon in this area) take AZ389 west to UT59 to Hwy 9 & I-15 just north of St. George.

All are good roads with a RV. Hwy 9 into Zion is steep and curvy for a short distance into the park but is still popular with RVers. The Zion Tunnel has restrictions.... check out the Zion NP website for details.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ArcticFox_Cats
Explorer
Explorer
We, who live in Utah County, call this Provo Canyon Road. From Provo, Utah (and/or Orem, UT) to Heber City. It is pretty much a 4-lane highway these days, going up thru Provo Canyon, around Deer Creek Reservoir. On the NE side of Deer Creek it is a two lane road. No biggie for 18 wheelers, the RV industry, and the rest of the world. The Provo River runs thru it.....and is a premier fly fishing river (creek, stream to those of us raised elsewhere!!). Enjoy the scenery and the drive!!!! Just stay in the right-hand lane and let the idiots pass you by!
'19 Nash (Northwood Mft) 22H
'07 2500 GMC Sierra HD, CC, 4x4, 3.73s, LongBed Duramax,
Equalizer, Enkay Mudflaps
'13 Polaris RZR 800cc
"A bird is a bird. A fish is a fish. A Dog is a Person."

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. Will keep UT52 in mind. We are headed south so 189 this time.
Betsy

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
I just went that way a weeks ago. Take UT52 from US189 to I-15. Good road.
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Looks OK for my RV
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE