cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Serpentine belt

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Fleetwood flair 6.8 Ford with air. Does anyone know the length. I have tried 2 so far and both were to short. Thank you
14 REPLIES 14

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
I want to thank every one. My NAPA belt is on. Mine takes the 110โ€ belt. I lost a post so whoever gave me the part numbers and lenght I thank you. Oh I am going down for a spare belt to carry. Hope I never need it. Lol.

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
milrs and the belt was completely destroyed. Hopefully we will soon find the right one. I have been getting different lengths .

TropicalRV
Explorer
Explorer
I had my 2001 Tropical for 15 years and 65K miles and never changed the belt. I had a mechanic check it when it had about 50K miles. He said it looked great with no cracking or fraying and didn't see the need to replace it. Just my experience.
Paul
2015 Tiffin Allegro 32SA, Ford V-10
2002 Honda CRV 2WD

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m sorry , we canโ€™t seem to find the right length belt. It is not destroying them. I have a belt coming but hasnโ€™t showed up yet. They are trying to fix at my home so it donโ€™t have to be towed.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
What I said. LOL!

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
cwit wrote:
My belt was destroyed I am on 3rd belt coming tomorrow. Was told I need 110โ€ belt and have one coming. Will keep you posted.

Don't just throw parts at it. Belts are a VERY common replacement item and the Ford V10 engine in an F53 chassis is very common. Belts usually don't just "destroy themselves" without some prior notice. SOMETHING IS WRONG. Suspect that something has changed from the original factory setup. I suggest you contact a Ford Truck parts dealer. They tend to know more about their product than the children you'll find at the national chain parts stores. Bring whats left of your old belt with you.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/fan-belts/v-belt-6267581-1

Chum lee

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
cwit wrote:
My belt was destroyed I am on 3rd belt coming tomorrow. Was told I need 110โ€ belt and have one coming. Will keep you posted.

Something is not right.
Count the ribs for lack of a better idea.
Once you get the right one, take it off and put a new one yourself and for keeping the other one on board.
Better to have one that you know will work and for not having to learn the replacement process in Death Valley.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

cwit
Explorer
Explorer

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would wrap a string or cord around the pulleys to get the length.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Take it to Ford. They would know. Probably fit better than the aftemarket brands.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
No info in the chassis owners manual?

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
cwit wrote:
2004 Fleetwood flair 6.8 Ford with air. Does anyone know the length. I have tried 2 so far and both were to short. Thank you

Having the old one is invaluable for cross referencing and for having a spare on board, that you know will fit.
Have you tried NAPA and for getting a better one, as well?
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Also, I've found the generic store branded serpentine belts from AutoZone, etc. are noisier than Gates brand (but cheaper).

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
online books show 98 inches that is a 6 rib unit. You do not have numbers off the old one?